Pics Tomorrow! Post Yours!

Hey guys... I have been doing alot of talking on this board lately, and so thought it was time to put some pics up of my machine...

We have just had a Typhoon hit us for 2 days here in western Japan, and so havnt had a chance to get the dig camera out.. Today is a beautiful sunny and hot day, but I am sitting in my office.. I am just hoping that tomorrow is nice and fine, as I want to give my car a good scrub and take some piccies!..

bbsal mentioned in the rear lights post, that he would like to see what everyone drives.. So this is it.. Post your pics in this thread freely for other members to have a look at and get ideas from... See again tomorrow....

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

Yeah I did.. They look sweet! Where in the States are you?

I read what I think Neil said about the all clear back lights being a bit ricy.. But I think thats the lucky thing with owning a silver model, and that is I think its the only color you could get away with it? I will try the red and clear like you have done bbsal at first, but down the track will probably invest in the all clear!.. I have been racking my brain as to how to do my headlights without the oven? But will see in a few minutes if it will fit in mine, even as small as it is...

I will send pics if able to complete. If not wanted to take some pics anyways...

silver is probably a good color to do all clear and i dont think it would look ricey on it.try the clear them first in the middle and see if you like it.if it dont look good to you then try the all clear ones.were did you see the all clear ones for a 95 96?i cant fine them in that year at all.

Ok.. here is my baby.. pretty well much stock Toyota Windom 2.5 Lexter.. Soon to be rebadged and stickered... Bad photos as it is the rainy season here, and cant get a sunny day to take a good one! Tell me what you think, and post yours!

post-7-1056265849.jpg

Actually Lexus is yet to be introduced here in Japan.. To be honest, the Japanese are very strange when it comes to different things... Toyota is number one here, and so they make luxury cars basically as standard here. So by delivering the same car and calling it a Lexus, doesnt seem as though it would make much of a difference.. But they will be introducing the brand here soon.. But again, Lexus is Toyota...

As for are there Lexus vehicles here? Yes there are.. Most of them are rebadged toyota's. And normally it is people who have a love and understanding for different cars.. The average Joe here wouldnt know the difference, or the fact that Lexus exists.. Plus in Japan, we are able to drive both left and right hand vehicles, and so some Lexus left hand drive vehicles have made it over here.. Mainly its the idiot who just wants to stand out that drives this one...

Even though I am Australian, and in Australia we drive a right handed car on the left side of the road. I lived a long time in the States, and actually prefer driving a left hand drive car... The fact that in Japan we drive on the left hand side of the road, seems a little dangerous for my liking, and so chose to stay with the right hand drive vehicle.. Japanese drivers are bad enough, so I get tingles down my spine when I see a Japanese person driving a left hand vehicle..... And it is only for vanity's sake...And have to be something they are not?

haha, that reminds me of when i was first trying to play the game "the getaway" on my ps2. since the setting is in england, it confused the heck out of me when i first played the game, i'd always get into the car on the wrong side and end up driving on the wrong side of the road and keep running into cars head on. but after playing that game for a while, i had to make sure that when i was actually out driving, i'd stay on the right side of the road. :P

i wonder what would happen if i saw a car with the person driving on the right hand side? :o it'd freak me out, that's what haha

looks nice.feels weird looking at the es with the toyota badges on it but hey thats what we all really have anyway.i will post sme pics tomorrow because its going to be nice and sunny out.

Looks good mate.. Do you have a chrome grille? Thats the only thing I dont like about mine.. My grille is the same silver color as the upper body.. I am looking at having it chromed.. Just think it gives it a more of a executive look about it.. I love lots of chrome... Still havnt had a chance to do my lights, as to not having a big enough oven, but was thinking, that instead of melting and prying. Wouldnt I be able to just take a stanly knife to it and then just cutting it open, and then resealing it back all together? Just a thought? I just cant get a clear and sunny day to do it.. In the middle of the rainy season here...

i posted this same message in a different topic to you but like i said in that one you cant use a knife because it cant reach the inside of the lip to cut away the urethane.the only way is to heat it up.since you dont have a oven im not sure how you can do it.

Ahh good good..

Looks good, thanks for posting!.. Is it a Toyota Windom, or have you rebadged it?

Dont want to sound like I am being rude. But the only thing I dont like about the older models is the small round spot lights at the bottom.. Other than that they are basically the same car as ours.. 95-96 models... Or am I wrong? please let me know?

no you are correct.the 95-96 model has the square fog lights and earlier years like 94 down has the round lights.i like the square ones better also.i just put 100 watt super whites in mine and they made a hell of a difference.

Looking good steve!

Just curious about your badges. I have ordered my ES badges from the states, and should get then in the next few days.. Where did you get yours from? And what did you do to stick em on.. As for as the rest of the car. Have you replaced the Toyota emblem on the engine, and also on the steering wheel? If so, what did you use? Also, where did you get the lexus wheels from. Or did you replace the wheel badges also?? I have seen it all on ebay.. But hate using ebay....So many questions....

I have changed all the badges apart from the Engine and the steering wheel.

The wheels caps i ordered from Lexus and cost about £160 UK Pounds.. not so cheap.. but these were shipped over from Japan!

The rest of the badges are glued on with sponge pads type stickers.. very thin and you cannot see them unless you look real close.. but then still hard to see.

The front and back toyota badges do leave holes and you need to make sure you new lex badges cover these holes.

the badge on the steering wheel is not that noticible really.

If you go to our UK site and PM Chris Shipley and ask for the part numbers for the wheel caps then I am sure he will send you the part numbers.

These are official Lexus parts and are for the US and NZ market i guess