Ls Toad

RFeldes

I have a 90 Ls and wonder if any of you know if it can be used four wheels down as as tow "Toad" behind a Prevost Motor Home. Would I have to disconnect the drive shaft?

nope, stick it in neutral and go. this disengages the drvetrain. not sure if the diff will still turn though. i woudlnt think so.

I don't know about the Lexus transmission per se but years ago towing with the driveshaft connected on an automatic transmission for an extended period of time was a no no. I don't recall what problem it caused in the transmission but I do recall that they called for disconnecting the driveshaft when towing.

I don't know about the Lexus transmission per se but years ago towing with the driveshaft connected on an automatic transmission for an extended period of time was a no no.  I don't recall what problem it caused in the transmission but I do recall that they called for disconnecting the driveshaft when towing.

did some research, you do have to disconnect the driveshaft.

I have a 90 Ls and wonder if any of you know if it can be used four wheels down as as tow "Toad" behind a Prevost Motor Home. Would I have to disconnect the drive shaft?

Provost eh? nice rigs. You have two basic options for saving the gearbox.... driveline diconect, or installing an auxillary A/T lube pump. The pump is wired to run anytime the provost is in drive....and has a green/red status/warning light on the coach dash. It suplies nessisary lube oil to the LS's gearbox rear planetary and bushings via an electric pump placed inline on the A/T cooler lines. My daler principals mom gets a new car every year and we keep swaping the kit from car to car so she can tow different cars behind her Provost on her snowbird journeys. No idea on kit cost, and takes about 3 hours to outfit the car and coach. No modern Toyota product can be flat4 towed without mods. Provost and an LS tow car? Hope you left something for the kids.

Regards, Mike

I looked into that and it introduces a number of negatives as far as manueverability and campground requirements as well as liscenseing. Think I'll get a jeep and be done with it. The Prevost is for European and affluent Americans that would like to join Caravans and see the sights in the USA,Canada and Mexico. I thought the LS would be a way to go First Class as they could go off on jaunts and sight-seeing by themselves. We would be the guides and stay in cabins or motels at night as well as cook and pamper in general. I won't go into details since I am not advertising here. Thanks again.