Backup Sensors

excad

Installed behind bumper backup sensors two days ago on our ES330. No drilling in bumper and are not visable. Kit includes everything needed, buzzer, lights brakets etc. Had them on my last car (Caddy) and are very helpful. $181.00 self installed.

really- got pics?

no drilling? what did you use to secure the sensors?

where did you order the kit?

thanks,

g

They were installed above the two anchor points that attach the covering under bumper. The plastic push in bolt is replaced with a bolt that comes with kit. Biggest problem was getting bracket bent right. Not a lot of room to play with. Bumper cover could be removed, but with a new car didn't want to chance chipping paint. Drilled two holes. One for mounting module control, and one through jack compartment for the wires to the audio and light led. Audio goes in center tail light compartment. There were a lot of differant prices on internet. Brandon Distributing in Mn. was my choice.

Looked at the $40 one's, but didn't want to drill 4 holes in bumper. They also are rather large compared to factory installed. If my car was black to match sensors I would have give it some thought. Did you have yours painted to match car? Some won't work if painted over! The Ross type are microwave sensing. They see through the bumper, so are hidden. I don't think I was ripped off for this type installation. A local auto store wanted $325 for same. There are all kinds & prices, this is another option which I am so far happy with!

Looked at the $40 one's, but didn't want to drill 4 holes in bumper. They also are rather large compared to factory installed.  If my car was black to match sensors I would have give it some thought.  Did you have yours painted to match car? Some won't work if painted over!  The Ross type are microwave sensing.  They see through the bumper, so are hidden. I don't think I was ripped off for this type installation.  A local auto store wanted $325 for same.  There are all kinds & prices, this is another option which I am so far happy with!

Personally, I wish you could incorporate a rear camera, so you could see a display on the NAV screen on the ES's. ;)

PICT0027.sized.jpg

PICT0028.sized.jpgi have a camera but haven't installed it yet

i didnt; bother painting mine as they are black and for some reaons blend perfectly.

You are right though some colours will not come close to matching properly.

my car is nasty in this pic , if i get it up but i tell people to look for a change and they do not even see the sensors.

It is hard to see as the car is dark and dirty

The little wirey thing beside the led display is the camera which i am still waiting to make a casing for.