Bad Beal Or Steal

lexdog

I just recently purchased a RX300, I think I got a good deal on it but Im not 100% sure. It gots, AWD, VHC, HID Lights, No Nav, Spoiler, 52000 miles and extra 3 year/36000 mile warrenty for $24000 (not including licenseing or tx ). Bad Deal or Steal ????

Heya Lexdog,

I purchased a CPO 2001 RX-300 in Oct 2003 and paid 27K, which

roughly had the same mileage as the vehicle you purchased. I definitely

wanted a "Certified Pre-Owned" since the few I saw through private sales

looked only so-so. The one difference was I had them do up the 60K mileage

service with the timing belt replacement.

Only guessing, but it sounds like a decent deal. Remember, some times

a "steal" is only a "steal" if it doesn't come with someone elses headaches.

Good Luck,

PharmGuy

How about 2002 RX, AWD with NAVI, xenons 37K miles, $26800 >?

Holy !@#$ Thats a great deal !!!

I got it from the dealer auction... :cheers:

The car is like in brand new condittion, except the driver seat but I will be wisiting the dealer so maybe they will change it under warranty, in one place the leather started to peel off and cracked :censored:

I just recently purchased a RX300, I think I got a good deal on it but Im not 100% sure. It gots, AWD, VHC, HID Lights, No Nav, Spoiler, 52000 miles and extra 3 year/36000 mile warrenty for $24000 (not including licenseing or tx ). Bad Deal or Steal ????

Last year, I got my 2001 Silversport AWD with 36000 miles, navigation, 4 new tires, 3-year Lexus warrenty, 30,000 service, from a Lexus dealer for $27,000. It was a lease car & serviced by Lexus and their computerized service records showed only a couple of minor service issues during the prior 3 years and no body repairs due to accidents. Since it is about 6 months later than when I bought mine, I think $24,000 sounds okay but not a steal.

• 2 weeks later...

newb here. bought my '99 RX 300 last april with around 72K on it. i'm pretty sure it is loaded (CD changer, moonroof, prm. package, lsd, heated seats, cargo mat, wheel locks, and convenience package, msrp $39,292). i did basically no research on the car b/c my mom was getting an '04 RX 330 so my dad sold it to me for the trade in value $13K. i knew it was a steal so i took it.

99 RX300 AWD 70,000 miles on it 1 owner

$18,600

For an extra $1350 4 year unlimited mile warranty

Got my 99 RX300 from Lexus of Nashville.

$17,900

81K, AWD, loaded, 2 owner in great condition outside and inside ......no cracks in leather or discoloration .....very minor wear marks on drivers side seat outside left area.

New brakes all around, new front rotors, all services done, timing belt and all running belts replaced, new floor mats (not one stain or mark on carpet)

and they are taking care of some of TSB's I mentioned on car that had not been done even though its far out of warranty. The Lexus folks in my area are great, when I drop it off on Monday to take care of a few TSB's giving me a loaner to boot. :)

But I tell you.... wish I could have got a warranty like Jeffch32 did ...nice.

So I think I did ok :)

• 7 months later...

I realize this thread is a little old but reading it makes me wonder if I shouldn't buy my car after the lease is up. The buyout price is $25,207.40.

Its an 03 RX 300 AWD, Black on Black, CD, mats, sunroof (whatever was in the first luxury package). Just hit 20k miles, its in great shape, the lease is up in April though.

Last June i bought a 2003 rx300 for my daughter.

2003 rx300

All wheel drive

indigo ink pearl exterior

ivory interior

GPS navigation

wood/leather steering wheel/shift knob

spoiler

HID xenons

33,000 miles

OUTSTANDING condition

-4 brand new tires

-all new floor mats

$30,600 at Ira Lexus in MA. The origonal sticker price was ~$43,970 i think?? It was made in Dec of 2002.

I realize this thread is a little old but reading it makes me wonder if I shouldn't buy my car after the lease is up.  The buyout price is $25,207.40.

Its an 03 RX 300 AWD, Black on Black, CD, mats, sunroof (whatever was in the first luxury package).  Just hit 20k miles, its in great shape, the lease is up in April though.

Depending if your looking to stay in the same vehicle 25k for a 03 rx300 is a pretty good deal Kbb prices them around 32K (depending on milage and condition)

I bought a 2000 RX300 AWD 103,000 miles on it one owner (private seller) last January, Dark green color wirh spoliler, bumper pad and cargo cover. very good condition, but there are some scratch on the front bumper.

$10,500

I realize this thread is a little old but reading it makes me wonder if I shouldn't buy my car after the lease is up.  The buyout price is $25,207.40.

Its an 03 RX 300 AWD, Black on Black, CD, mats, sunroof (whatever was in the first luxury package).  Just hit 20k miles, its in great shape, the lease is up in April though.

best way to know what to do, ask the dealer. aside from KBB, the dealer will determine the price of the car. that was my mistake back with my RX300. I went to the bank to get a mortgage for it, and bank told me "yea, it's worth the loan amount, maybe even a little more" then about 3 months down the road, i wanted to get rid of it and dealer was asking for around $2k-$5k less than the amount i owed.

lease these days, are cheap because they jack up the residual value in the end. that's why, if u ever want to buy a lease, there are 2 options:

1. you will keep the car forever (as long as it'll serve you)

2. pay it off, then sell it (so you won't owe anyone a cent in the end)

but before anyone buys a lease, I HIGHLY suggest that person to consult, not only the bank for the value of the vehicle, but the dealer and KBB. dealers don't use KBB (fyi). found that out when they priced my RX. it's some other kind of "kbb" site they use, that only sales people have access to.

Edited by denslexusgx470

• 5 weeks later...

I purchased my mint 2002 RX 300 with all options but NAVI/AWD, with 36kmiles for 23k.

The place is called McNeill Auto, on Gandy in Tampa/StPete FL. They seem to have really good prices and no haggling. I'd shop there again for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my 2001 (CPO) for $22,900. It is gold, fully loaded and 38,750 miles. Some minor flaws but looks and runs great. Bought it at Lujack Lexus in Davenport, IA.