2003 Es Rear Blinkers

I'd like to change my 2003 ES rear blinkers (although I guess it's illegal to have them be any color other than orange). But I have no idea what the bulb number is. Does anybody know? I'd like to change them to either blue or white. Also, I'd like to change the front too, although it seems way too much of a hassle to stick my lights into the oven and etc. But the rear lights aren't hard to change, right? I've never done this before, so I'm kind of clueless... :unsure:

if you have a 2003 then i think you should have the owners manuel.if you do have it look under the light section and then it should show you all the bulb numbers for everything in the car.i would guess 1156a if there orange in there now and 1156 if theres white in there now.

As far as I know, it's illegal in California too, but it's only a fix it ticket, right? Plus it looks cool, so I'm thinking it's worth it. Plus, my friend told me a lot of the new BMWs are coming out with clear lights anyway. Let's just hope I don't run into a cop having a bad day :P

Thanks bbsal for reminding me about the manual... should've thought of that... hmmm... white or blue? Never seen blue blinkers, seen a lot of white... eenie meenie miney mo~

I checked the owner's manual, and the bulb number isn't there! It does have 21 under W, which I'm guessing means 21 Watts, and the type is E (whatever that means), but the bulb number isn't there. What to do!?

They're coming out with clear lights, but they have to blink amber, thats the law. Personally I think white or other color blinkers are annoying and ricey, but thats just me. Are you sure there's no amber in the lamp housing itself??

hey somone finally stumped stevie

now that is hard to do with a mcv30

i am not stumped though ,just clueless

lol

my only thought is a bulb that is the rage with bmw fans

it is called silvervison i think by phillips osram

they are amber bulbs but have a silver coating

so all the cleared signals of there rear and front lights still look clear an not yellowed by the reflection of the bulb

it is legal and looks real nice

but i warn you they seem to be expensive

pretty much everywhere it is illegal to have non amber turns unless red

i perfer amber as it is much more direct at attracting that unaware driver of you turning

rather than the blend of white or red

i switched my white ones back to amber

but cleared the rear assembly to give it a cleaner look

I'm not stumped, I I'm just tired of doing all the work

BUT OK.

Lexus ES300 2002/2003

SYLVANIA Lamp Replacement Guide

LEXUS 2002 ES300

Scroll down to view all replacement bulbs for this vehicle,

or select a specific application from this list:

Please SelectLow beam headlamp High beam headlamp Parking light Rear turn signal Tail light Stop light High mount stop light Fog/Driving light License plate Back up light Front sidemarker Rear sidemarker Glove box Dome light Step/Courtesy light Trunk/Cargo area

When more than one part number is listed for the same application, please refer to your owners manual to determine which lamp is right for your vehicle.

If you would like to try another make, year and model, click here.

Low beam headlamp

Part number = H7

With replaceable halogen capsules

Upgrade Part Number = H7CB

Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade - White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Part number = HID

With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps

High beam headlamp

Part number = 9005

Upgrade Part Number = 9005ST

"Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade - Whitest, Brightest, 100% Street Legal"

Upgrade Part Number = 9005CB

Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade - White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light

Part number = 2825

Rear turn signal

Part number = 7440

Tail light

Part number = 2825

Part number = 7443

Stop light

Part number = 7443

High mount stop light

Part number = 7440

Fog/Driving light

Part number = H3-55W

License plate

Part number = 2825

Back up light

Part number = 921

Upgrade Part Number = 921LL

Long Life Upgrade - Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker

Part number = 194

Upgrade Part Number = 194LL

Long Life Upgrade - Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Rear sidemarker

Part number = 2825

Glove box

Part number = 37

Dome light

Part number = DE3175

Step/Courtesy light

Part number = 2825

Trunk/Cargo area

Part number = DE3021

Hope you find the one you need.

Steviej

Try www.crutchfield.com and www.jcwhitney.com and www.autoanything.com for various color bulbs.

thanx a lot! i got it done for both my front and back, it was just a simple matter of replacing the bulbs. they are a bright bluish white. looks awesome. but i saved my original in case i got tired of the new lights. thanx again!

oh, i didn't get the silvervision, but i took the part number and my bulb to autozone, and one of the guys helped me get these blue coated bulbs that i think said superwhite on them... i think they're supposed to blink superwhite or something, but to me, it looks kind of really bright bluish white, which is what i wanted. but yea, for the blinkers, the orange is on the coating of the bulb itself, so switching bulbs got rid of the amber.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I'm sure that somebody following you when you have your signal blinker on isn't going to get all that excited about a white light as opposed to the orange light. "Hey Mary, lookit the guys with white signal lights"!!

It ain't worth the effort nor the expense and it would annoy the hell out of me following a car that was blinding me with his bright white blinkers. That's why it's illegal using them in some States. IMHO <_<

Alan

lemme know how it looks with the silvervision! hmmm... kinda pricey though, i paid a little less than 15 for four bulbs for mine... but maybe if the silvervision ones are better, i'll switch to those.

i kind of understand what you're saying about maybe being annoyed... but i'm not doing it to impress strangers or with the malicious thought of blinding somebody. i'm doing it cuz i think my car looks cool with it and... yea, that's about it. i like it on my car... it's not gonna matter to me whether some joe shmoe on the freeway gets annoyed by it or thinks its awesome. besides, if it's that bright, that's why they made sunglasses B)

Yeah, no offense but I think the blueish blinkers look terrible, ricey like fake HID headlamps. The draw for me about the silvervisions are they look clear, which I think will make the front lamps look great and jewelike, as well as the rears, yet they still blink amber. I haven't ordered them, but when and if I do I'll take before and after pictures. I've seen several online and they look great, when the lights are on you'd never know, when they're off they're totally clear. Like the new taillights on the RX330, they're totally clear until you hit the brakes, then they glow red. Very cool. They must use these bulbs, or something similar.

I was actually talking to the ball and chain today (she hates the amber on all cars, don't know why) and she mentioned the running lights on either side of the front bumper. Anyone know a company that manufactures clear replacements for them? I'll put an amber bulb back in, however.

wouldn't it be really hard to replace the side running lights though? i thought it'd be neat to replace those to clear also, but didn't know how hard it'd be to replace those. if it's easy, then maybe i'll do those too. but who makes those replacements? anybody know?

i have the clear bulbs in my front head lights.i bought mine at pepboys.they finally started selling some good stuff at my local one.i paid 5 bucks each for them.they are like silver crome but when they blink they still blink amber.looks really great with the front headlights cleared.i decided to put them in because my headlights are cleared and i had a ugly amber bulb still in them for the turn signals but now it really looks all clear.i will post some pics tomorrow.