Dad Is Selling His 27,000 Mile 99/ls400 For $31k?

lucentauto

What do you guys think?

31,000$ for a LS400 1999 with only 27,000 miles.

good price for this? it has no nakamichi stereo. other than that its loaded. he s 49 and doesnt drive too much, we have 4 cars in the family.

GOld/Beige

What do you guys think?

oh if i want to use the forsale forum, I dont know how to access it, it tells me I cant post!

What do you guys think?

31,000$ for a LS400 1999 with only 27,000 miles.

good price for this? it has no nakamichi stereo. other than that its loaded. he s 49 and doesnt drive too much, we have 4 cars in the family.

GOld/Beige

What do you guys think?

oh if i want to use the forsale forum, I dont know how to access it, it tells me I cant post!

:cries: heavens no - looks way too high to me! I think you need to be down in the 20-25 range? Good Luck - it would be a great car for someone, don't get me wrong, but the market is not as high as you project.

there is no way you will get 31K for the car.......not saying it isn't worth that, i'm sure it is, but its not fair market value, and depreciation is a Bittch, you might see one listed for around that price, but not selling for anywhere near that.

and i know a little about depreciation and fair market value, i had to sell my other halfs grandpa's "04 Vette, with 3K miles, that was purchased for around 52K, for 41K......i listed it for 49,500 on several reputable sights as well as in the paper, and did not get 1 hit on it,even know it was almost brand new, i mean for 49K you can pay 2-3K more and get a brand new C6, so i dropped the price to 42K and I let it go the next day for 41K cash......................... not that this pertains to your car, it is just a small example

you can find 98-00 LS's with around 50-60K miles anywhere from 16-22K maybe a little more.

a good selling price IMO would be around 25K for the car i mean its 6 years old now.

good luck though

Yes.......you are toooooo High..................

Silvermate hit the nail on the head about Depreciation.....it just kills you (and me!)

My 99 is just like your Dad's (except @ 70k miles) - I could probably get $18-19,000 for it........paid $22,500 just two years ago...... So, in two years I've lost $4 grand ---not good --it's just the way it is... :(

WAAAY too high. You can get an 01 LS430 with reasonable mileage for that. KBB private party value with good condition (which seems fairly accurate around here) has it at $20,755

WAAAY too high. You can get an 01 LS430 with reasonable mileage for that. KBB private party value with good condition (which seems fairly accurate around here) has it at $20,755

how can i post on the for sale section.

i dont know how?

it would not let me

i dont know how?

it would not let me

I think you need more posts to be able to sell something on the forum.

Yes.......you are toooooo  High..................

Silvermate hit the nail on the head about Depreciation.....it just kills you (and me!)

My 99 is just like your Dad's (except @ 70k miles)  - I could probably get $18-19,000 for it........paid $22,500 just two years ago......  So, in two years I've lost $4 grand ---not good --it's just the way it is... :(

my Chrysler Concorde Sticker Price was $41,500 brand new (Alaska Dealer Markups are BIZZATCH!!!) after my moms company discount (which gets us to 3% above invoice) it came out to $37,550. now, 3 years later, the car is worth $9,000. talk about depreciation...thats the only thing i hate about american cars!!

Yes.......you are toooooo  High..................

My 99 is just like your Dad's (except @ 70k miles)  - I could probably get $18-19,000 for it........paid $22,500 just two years ago......  So, in two years I've lost $4 grand ---not good --it's just the way it is... :(

my Chrysler Concorde Sticker Price was $41,500 brand new (Alaska Dealer Markups are BIZZATCH!!!) after my moms company discount (which gets us to 3% above invoice) it came out to $37,550. now, 3 years later, the car is worth $9,000. talk about depreciation...thats the only thing i hate about american cars!!

Ouch!!!!!! :blink:

Man, I'm sorry on that one - definately a rip............

Grand LS 4 is correct. I think you need to have a certain amount of posts in order to post an ad. Sorry.

I too think that is too much. Around $25K would be a good asking price.

American CARS (not trucks) do depreciate rapidly. My old 1995 Chrysler Concorde had a sticker price of $26,000. It only had 93K when I sold it in 2003 (8 years old at the time) in excellent condition, when I sold it for a lousy $2,800. Ford Taurus' are also very bad. You can buy a 2002-2003 Ford Taurus with less than 50K for around $5K. Mopars seem to lose value the quickest however, with the exception being the trucks. The American trucks hold value very well- especially the Chevrolets. The 1995-96 Chevrolet Silverado 4WD trucks and Suburbans can still easily sell for over $10,000, even with over 100K miles- at least they do around here. At least the classic American cars (1970s and older) are increasing in value- some very rapidly. My dad has always been a big fan of the 1969 Chevrolet Camaros. He had a nearly new one in the early 70s. He bought it for like $2000- which was like $8600 in 2003. He had several others in the 1980s. The last one I remember him selling was in 1985, when he sold a like new example for around $1500. He has recently started looking for another, only to discover that even a model in "restorable", but driving condition is selling for $8000-$10000. A nice, original or restored example can sell for well over $20,000. Usually between $20K-$30K. I have even seen some priced as high as $80K (some of the like new, rare trim models) and sell for that price- which is amazing. About the same with the 1957 Chevy's.

Good luck selling.

i dont know how?

it would not let me

You need minimum of 20 posts before you can post in the for sale section. I agree with everyone as well......your asking price is way too high. I know the car has very low mileage which is good........but it's wishful thinking. Check with autotrader or Kelly Blue Book for what the 'market' value of a 99 LS is to get a better idea of what it's worth. B)

Army, $41,500 for a Chrysler Concorde? :blink: Good lord man! what did they charge for 'frieight' or 'destination charge'? $15,000? WOW! :blink::huh: :o

:cheers:

They must have went up a bit. Back in 1995- the "top out" price for a Concorde was around $28,000. Mine had ALL options except for the alloy wheels and sunroof and it listed for $25,900. I think the New Yorker went just over $30,000 (base), up to about $33,000 in 1995. Lost their value quickly as well. Even my grandparents old 1988 New Yorker had a sticker price of $25,000 in 1988. By 1993, it was barely worth $3500. :blink:

Army, $41,500 for a Chrysler Concorde? :blink: Good lord man! what did they charge for 'frieight' or 'destination charge'? $15,000? WOW! :blink::huh: :o

Yeah, I was surprised by the depreciation this year too!! As you know, our cars could be twins. The original owner paid $60k for my car in '99 and I bought it in November of '03 with 58k miles on it for $23,500. A recent check on KBB showed the private party sale price to be about $21,700 in Hawaii so I've lost almost $2000 in one year. My wife's '95 SC400 depreciated by only $100 in the same period ... go figure. Of course, my depreciation of $2000 in a year is nothing compared to the original owner's depreciation of close to $40,000 in five years!!! Now THAT'S an expensive car to own. I used to buy new cars every 18 months or so but this LS experience has taught me to NEVER buy a new car/truck again unless I can get a special deal such as X-plan or A-plan as I did on my '02 F-350. I bought it for $36k and sold it two years later for $34k. I didn't get killed on the deal because a new truck in Hawaii should have cost close to $44k but I got a great deal through a fleet sales manager in CA.

:)

And also keep in mind that a more accurate price is good or even fair condition.

Correct sw. B) A new or newer vehicle is I hate to say it, is the worst (some call an 'investment') thing one can purchase as far as loosing money is concerned. Does not matter if it's import or domestic (although as most know....domestic re-sale values fall much faster).....they all depreciate, the more the car originally cost.......the more it will depreciate. :(

Yes K9.........depreciation is killing us :blink:

It'll probably keep up at a rate of $2500-3000 a year for another 3-4 years. :cries: At least it beats the $6-8k+ a year depreciation the previous owners took :pirate:

Our cars are virtually twins.....came from Park PLace Lexus in Dallas ---both with overfilled Tranny Fluid :lol:

i will buy that car for 18k if you are willing to let it go for that money.

my dad is looking for an LS and i will talk to him in next few days and i will let you know for sure.