Rx330 Buying Waiting Time

code991

I am in the market for a new all wheels RX330 in the Bambo and Ivory color. Waiting time is 4 to 8 weeks. (getting $3000 below MSRP) Dark colors such as black are advailable right away. It seem the hard color to get ( Bambo, silver, white and Savana are sold out 4 to 8 weeks in advance. I am in Southern Cal. Any one else having to wait??

I am currently trying to get a Silver with Gray interior RX 330. The way the salesman explained to me, they have manufacturing quotas, different percentages for each color combination and option package. He told me this morning that gray interior was at 8% and they are bumping it up to 35%, don't know what percentage the ivory interior was or will now be. I had asked before about the exterior color and he said that they manufacture more black, flint mica, white and savannah than anything else. He also told me with the color combo that I am looking at it will probably be 2 months. In this area the big problem is with the gray interior, he talked like anything else would be a lot easier to get.

Code 991,

I am looking for the same color. I was quoted by the following dealerships for the Bamboo Peral color, premium plus pkg:

$37,400 Longo Lexus

$37,413 Lexus of Cerritos

$37,900 Glendale Lexus

Question #1: What options are you getting?

Question #2: Which dealership?

Question #3: What is the exact price quote?

Thanks in advance

I laughed when reading this... when I purchased my RX-330 back 2 months ago, I actually wanted black and all they had left was a bamboo pearl one with ivory interior. It had all the options I wanted and at least had the ivory interior so I took it. Now I love this exterior color. It gets a lot of compliments. I'm over in Orlando, FL though.

I was at the local dealership at Automall Parkway in Fremont , Cal and they had 2 silver RX and one blk one on the lot. One of the Silver RX's had the Grey interior. Thought I would throw that out there if anyone was local.

Thanks tlexs, I had already given up on the silver with gray interior and had the dealer locate a silver with black interior for me. I'm located in Ky so I doubt that the dealer would look to dealers in Ca to get one. Of the 3 or 4 times that I have been at my dealer looking at the RX 330's they have never had a silver, break water blue or bamboo. I think I've seen every other color there though and I never see the same car twice. They are selling them as quick as they can get them.

Thanks tlexs, I had already given up on the silver with gray interior and had the dealer locate a silver with black interior for me. I'm located in Ky so I doubt that the dealer would look to dealers in Ca to get one. Of the 3 or 4 times that I have been at my dealer looking at the RX 330's they have never had a silver, break water blue or bamboo. I think I've seen every other color there though and I never see the same car twice. They are selling them as quick as they can get them.

Not sure what part of KY you are in, but Lexus of Knoxville has a Silver on Silver fully loaded FWD. MSRP is 45,248.

I was looking for AWD, nav/mark levinson package. "Supposedly" they have found one(silver with black interior), no idea where, but it is coming through St Louis. Should have it today or tomorrow at the dealer.

mit,

Keep in mind Longo Lexus' mobile services. Your salesman should have mentioned it to you. Personally I think the service is a big plus. That's where we got our RX. We also had the best price from them and they had our first color choice in stock so it was a no brainer.

RX300-BV,

I was thinking about getting it from Longo Lexus also.

1. Can you elaborate on what's their 'Mobile Services'?

2. What option package did you get?

3. What was your 'out the door' price?

4. Any additional suggestions that I should know?

Thanks in advance.

Here's how Longo's Mobile Services work. Longo, like most Lexus dealers, has a fixed price sheet for how much services cost. Say you plan to service your Lexus for your 10K service. At the set price, you can either drive your car up and wait for service or you can make use of their mobile service. Longo will send a mobile service truck to your home or work and will do the 10K service on the spot. Makes it convenient for you. Now say you need to do a 30K service, which I believe is considered a major service. If you opt for the mobile service, Longo takes a flatbed truck with a loaner car on it, drops off the loaner at your home or work, loads your Lexus on the flatbed, then takes it back to Longo for the service. Once service is complete, they return your Lexus via the flatbed truck and then haul back their loaner. It's very convenient. Again, there is no additional charge for their mobile service, aside from the regular price you would pay for a scheduled service.

As for the RX that I have, we actually bought one of the closeout 2003 RX 300's the week before the RX 330's arrived. So pricing and options info probably wouldn't serve as an affective comparison.

Mit,

One other thing, according to code991, he/she was going to get $3000 off MSRP. That's a very good price for an RX330 these days. The prices that you have been quoted look to be around $2000 off MSRP give or take a couple of hundred. That's still good pricing, but obviously not as good as 3K off.

If you are willing to shop around further and if Longo's mobile services is of little interest to you, I've heard good things about Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA.

Take a look at these 2 threads from another Lexus board.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=84987 (Read the 1st post from Jedi)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=82108 (Take a look at the post from Chad)

It may be worth it to contact Chad with Crown Lexus.

I hope you will be able to get the Lexus you want at a great price. Let us know who you ultimately but from and how much off MSRP you were able to get.