Results From Emissions Failure

SCfour

i was told i need to clean my EGR valve and have a BG fuel induction flush and possibly replace the o2 sensor. i know there are four, so i will have to find out which one. also, my car is kicking a code #25 which is air/fuel ratio malfunction (lean) i believe.

does this all sound accurate and does any one else have any preventitive maint. suggestions i should do while getting this stuff fixed next week.

thanks!--jason. :cheers:

Jason,

I'd do a full tune up. 600 to 800 bones from a reputable source. Depending on miles. Replace all plugs, check wires, dist, cap, button. I'd change all fluids. I'd replace all O^2 sensors, mains, subs. This will increase your cost a little but it will be well worth it in the long run. I'd look at the catalytic converters. Replace them or remove them. Removing them will not help the emissions issue, but if all other things are working correctly, a hot motor with not cats could pass emissions. I think you are correct on that code, I've run it before here on this site. Should be able to search it out. Make sure all your belts are good as well as power steering and alternator for good measure.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

im crazy crazy late on this, but thanks a mill for the insight, i def took those into considration and i am in the process of doing all that currently!

what plugs/wires/ etc do you guys use on the sc4, jus go back to factory stuff or should i look to the afternmarket for some wires/plugs?

here is what the results were:

ASM 2 TAILPIPEEMISSIONS INSPECTION MILEAGE: 135K

15 mph 25mph

limit reading result limit reading result

HC ppm 92 9 pass 88 147 fail

CO% 0.51 0.00 pass 0.49 1.69 fail

NO ppm 691 1070 fail 626 78 pass

RPM 899 valid RPM 899 valid

DILUTION 15.0 valid DILUTION 15.7 valid

VISIBLE SMOKE INSPECTION:PASS

:censored::censored: :cries: :cries:

VA EMMISIONS TESTING -----> :chairshot:

sorry guys, i just spent like 15 dang minutes trying to make the post look like my emmisions test, but it keeps coming out like this.. if you cant decipher it i will scan and post it up tomarrow from work. again, thanks for all the help!!!

only thing i need to understand for sure

is which one is the pass limits and the actual reading ones?

but to be failing everythign

i would say a cat is dead

but it might be as a result of other problems as well including buring oil or a leaking injector

from looking at it again i think the first ones are pass limits #'s and the second the actual

it seems you run fine almost at low speed but the cat is not hot enough to burn the excess gas

then at higher speeds it can

more than likely you do need a cat at least

get a laser heat indicator to test the temps of each cat after running for an hour to test the temps to see which is working

Hey there buddy, from what You wrote it looks like you have high Hc's and

Co's Scan a picture and try to post it up... If this is the case you might have a lean misfire or running extremly rich... I honestly would start with cleaning out the egr and then running some "G2p" Garuanteed to pass ( decarbonizing solution) which can be found at any local parts store. Its hard to tell by what you stated are your results but this is where I would start out at... I don't frequent this site much but I hope this helps... Good luck with the car buddy... Bryan

You should only have to replace the first 2 oxygen sensors and that should fix your code 25.