Got My Lexus Back From The Shop...

SW03ES

Well, I got my car back from the shop, the same shop that washed it last time and swirled it all up and had to credit me $140 for my trouble. Well, they'd serviced it 5 times before and hadn't washed it as per my request so I really didnt think they would this time. They wrote a big sign and put it up on the dash.

Well, no wash. But they did back it into something and now the rear bumper has to be repainted. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until I got home and traffic was too bad for me to go back. So I'm getting an estimate at 9 tomorrow and I'll drop it by the dealership then for my check. I'm furious.

I like the service rep, he even went down and parked the car himself to make sure that it wasn't washed, and I don't think he damaged it. It had to have been one of the porters. I've never had a car dealership damage a car, and these guys have done it twice, in a row. I mean, come on. You're servicing $40-70,000 cars you have to be careful with them. I'm not paying $94 an hour for service to have them banging my car into things, I might as well have it serviced at a gas station.

In good news, the moonroof gasket is installed and so is the catalytic converter. A rearview mirror (the source of the rattle I thought was the cowl) is on order and so is the intermediate steering shaft for the steering clunk, but they're never going to service my car again...

Yep, Lexus dealership.

Don't let them wash it, they WILL swirl it.

That's terrible, I still don't know why they stink at washing cars. Has that happened to you at more than one dealership or just that one you went to Steve?

I know most of the car dealerships I go to, including my Lexus dealership, have automatic car washes. Those things will scratch the heck out of your paint.

Not to stray off-topic, but when it comes to washing my car, I rather either do it myself, or at a touchless/brushless car wash. Those regular automatics will leave fine scratches and swirls on your paint, and their car wash water contains acidic contaminants that I wouldn't dare to leave on my car :o

Not to stray off-topic, but when it comes to washing my car, I rather either do it myself, or at a touchless/brushless car wash.  Those regular automatics will leave fine scratches and swirls on your paint, and their car wash water contains acidic contaminants that I wouldn't dare to leave on my car :o

My Lexus dealer recently installed a "State of the Art" touchless/brushless car wash system to eliminate the scratching that bugged so many people. :cries:

Well, I got my car back from the shop, the same shop that washed it last time and swirled it all up and had to credit me $140 for my trouble. Well, they'd serviced it 5 times before and hadn't washed it as per my request so I really didnt think they would this time. They wrote a big sign and put it up on the dash.

Well, no wash. But they did back it into something and now the rear bumper has to be repainted. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until I got home and traffic was too bad for me to go back. So I'm getting an estimate at 9 tomorrow and I'll drop it by the dealership then for my check. I'm furious.

I like the service rep, he even went down and parked the car himself to make sure that it wasn't washed, and I don't think he damaged it. It had to have been one of the porters. I've never had a car dealership damage a car, and these guys have done it twice, in a row. I mean, come on. You're servicing $40-70,000 cars you have to be careful with them. I'm not paying $94 an hour for service to have them banging my car into things, I might as well have it serviced at a gas station.

In good news, the moonroof gasket is installed and so is the catalytic converter. A rearview mirror (the source of the rattle I thought was the cowl) is on order and so is the intermediate steering shaft for the steering clunk, but they're never going to service my car again...

I don't blame you SW.....I'd be fit to be tied as well no doubt :chairshot: I hope they can match the color properly & cover all expenses which they should (and then some!!!) Keep us posted on how this matter will be solved......I take it the service manager, body shop manager, general manager & even perhaps the dealer principal will get involved to assist you & make sure your 110% happy with the trouble the dealer has caused you. :angry:

:cheers:

Sorry to hear about your car Steve! Hope it all gets worked out for you. I do like the advice LexusFreak gave you:

......I take it the service manager, body shop manager, general manager & even perhaps the dealer principal will get involved to assist you & make sure your 110% happy with the trouble the dealer has caused you.

Good luck, and do keep us posted!

The same thing happened to me during the delivery of my ES330, I'm talking about one day old vehicle, the Lexus of Concord swirl my car all over. The worst thing is, when I complained to the service writer, the service writer don't think they could have don't it but buff the car out instead without a care.

Besides the whirl marks, the same Lexus of Concord overfill my engine oil by 1.5 quart and use the wrong oil grade(10w-40). I have heard plenty of complain about this dealership in the pass but I just don't listen until it happened to me, the dealer is so close to my home and was in denial. I now drive the extra mile to go to a another Lexus dealer.

Maybe we should have a another subject about which Lexus dealership to avoid to warn fellow Lexus owner ahead of time.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your car. :( I hope that everything works out for you.

vcv10- Thats all car dealerships in general. If you care about your paint/have a dark colored car NEVER let a dealership wash your car. Its just some kid with an old dish rag. I have problems when detailers wash my car...

I got it sorted out with them. The service manager wasn't as accomodating as I thought he would be which dissapointed me. I first started out with the service advisor (who as I said is a good guy, none of this is his fault) I called him Friday on my way out to get an estimate and said I was going to drop the car by and let him and the service manager (Peter's his name, the service advisor's name is Shaun). So I met shaun out there and he looked at the car, noticed the damage and apologized. He looked at the estimate and here's where the trouble started. The shop I chose is probably the best in the DC area, but they do charge 2 to 3 times more than other shops and their charge was $690 for the repaint plus I insisted on $90 reimbursement for 3 days of an enterprise economy loaner (which I don't think is unreasonable at all, I didn't ask them for a Cadillac). Thats a lot to repaint a bumper, but they do excellent work. Shaun said that for an amount like that he would have to have it cleared with his service manager. Fine.

So I sit down in his cubicle while he talks to Peter. He comes back and sits down and his voice is uneasy, so he knew what Peter had told him wouldn't go over well. He says "unless you want to let us fix it, all we can do is reimburse you after the work is done when you show us the invoice.

So I said: "So what you're telling me is I have to come out of pocket $800, at christmas, because you guys couldn't park my car without banging it into something? Look, I've been very understanding about this. I was very understanding last time when you washed it against my wishes and swirled it. I paid out of pocket, continued to give you my business, and waited until the next service for my credit refund for the $140 worth of detailing. I get home and see that my car has been damaged, I don't yell or scream like most people would, I calmly call you and let you know what happened and treated you with fairness and respect with good faith that you would make amends with me for your carelessness. I realize that this is just some other ES300 to you, but I work very hard for my living and it holds a lot of value for me. Thats why I pay you $100 an hour to service it, because I thought that it would be treated with the respect it deserves. You guys make me feel like I'm a difficult customer, but I'm not. All you have to do to earn my business for life is 1. Don't f' up my car, and 2. Don't screw me over. Thats all. I would think that a dealership that services $30-75,000 cars for $100 an hour could do that. You can't wash or park my car without damaging it, why on earth would I let you paint it? I simply refuse to come out of pocket one dime for your incompetence, you will pay to repair my car one way or the other. Whether you do it now, or whether you do it after being served with a subpoena from my or my insurance company's lawyers."

He just kind of froze for a second and suggested that I talk to Peter, which I thought was an excellent idea. I gave him the same speech. We agreed that When the car is complete he would courier a check over to the body shop. He faxed it to me in writing. No apology or remorse from him whatsoever,

All in all I'm dissapointed, and when this is over I will draft a letter stating that copied to Shaun, Peter, the GM of the dealership, and Lexus corporate.

Very good speech you gave them, you left them no room to argue back. Impressive B) . Thanks for the heads up on the car wash/detailing because I was actually considering having them detail my car for me. Are you going to go to another dealership from now on then?