1995 Es Trans And Diff Fluid Change ?

chuckb

95 ES Differential and Trans fluid change ?

I've done a search but I just want to make sure I've got this right.

When I have the trans and diff fluid drained and refilled-

There are 2 seperate drains for trans and diff I know. Do you refill the diff seperately? I will need 4 quarts toyota dextron 2 fluid right?

thanks

chuckb

same drain same refill

their is a higherdrain but i think it is used for rebuilding as an opening

why have I read there is a separate drain for the diff. Someone said about 2.5 quarts if you just drain the trans and about 4 if you do the trans and diff. I also saw somewhere that you had to fill the diff seperately through a plug till its level with plug?

Now I'm confused. :wacko:

same drain same refill

why have I read there is a separate drain for the diff. Someone said about 2.5 quarts if you just drain the trans and about 4 if you do the trans and diff. I also saw somewhere that you had to fill the diff seperately through a plug till its level with plug?

Now I'm confused.:wacko:

take a look on my how to page i did a wright up on changeing the atf it is the third project down http://www.mjmautosport.com/how%20to/

same drain same refill

Now I'm confused.:wacko:

I personally do a 100% fluid change not the drain & fill method.......I perfer to have all the old fluid flushed out of the torque converter & such. One needs about 15+ quarts to do this process. I also change the tranny pan gasket & clean the filter mesh screen at the same time.......they call it a tranny tune up. B)

:cheers:

try it yourself then

after 6 tranny flushes i used for expericance

the higher drain is empty if the lower one is opened first

so it is useless to botehr with the upper one.

So how many quarts come out the bottom? How come people say you need 2.5 if drain bottom and 4 if drain the diff too? That's why I'm confused. Do you have a pic?

thanks

chuckb

no clue neverwasted my time to do a drain and fill

I have read that with an older or higher mile trans that it is risky to do a flush because it loosen debris that can cause big problems. I have a 95 w/83000 miles and I doubt the fluid has ever been changed.