Photo Competition

Matthew_McNally

Sometime in the future, we shall be running a photograph competiton.

We intend to make an Official Lexus Owners Club 2004 Calendar - so obviously, we will need 12 nice photographs of Lexus to go in it!

The competition will be the 12 best photographs of a members Lexus will be featured in the calendar.

The exact details and rules will be published closer to the time - however we are coming up to the "nice weather" part of the year, and I know you guys are gonna want to get at least three coats of polish / wax down, and gonna want to take photo's on a nice sunny day - so we can really see the shine! B) B)

So - this thread is sort of an advance warning - so you can start perparing and getting your photo's ready.

The rules will roughly be

- its a photo competition - not a car competition. Best photos will win - not the "best cars".

- your photograph will become the property of LOC. We intend to sell the calendars - by entering a photo, you give us rights to sell the image etc etc, without royalties.

- the photo should feature www.lexusownersclub.com somewhere on it.

It would be nice to have a good range of models too.

The other purpose of the thread is to gather some feedback on the idea - what do you think?

hmm sounds grrrrrrrrrrreeaat ( as if i was tony the tiger from frosted flakes)

just wondering what might be the prizes and i guess members would be voting or would it be admins

also is this a uk eu and us calander

any idea on price

also is the prize only going to be you babies pic in a calander or a tshirt and other swanky stuff

you know just my random thoughts i know everyone want to ask

i also know you are going to say where it gets closer things will be made more clear

see you don't even need to post to answer me

just weird thoughts

:( i think i had too much coffee today :(

• 3 weeks later...

sounds like a good idea, my boyfriends truck was just put in a calendar that his website did and it had a great turn out, i was wondering are these going to be just pictures of the cars or the cars with girls?? i posed with his truck for that calendar, it adds a little extra to the calendar

sounds like a good idea, my boyfriends truck was just put in a calendar that his website did and it had a great turn out, i was wondering are these going to be just pictures of the cars or the cars with girls?? i posed with his truck for that calendar, it adds a little extra to the calendar

Its all about the photo.

Having people in the photo is fine (boy or girl).

Of course - all photos must be in good taste.

you can send pictures on naked chicks on cars to me - but they aren't going to get picked for the calendar ;) :lol:

i guess members would be voting or would it be admins

also is this a uk eu and us calander

we will be running a US and UK competition (as well as one for our sister Toyota Owners Club)

so far - the plans are that the site admin team will shortlist the entries - and then the clubs shall vote for each other clubs winners (so UK club could vote on US photos etc)

any idea on price

to be agreed at the moment - but not expensive. You won't have to start applying for loans to buy this.

also is the prize only going to be you babies pic in a calander or a tshirt and other swanky stuff

again - to be agreed - we don't know yet.

you know just my random thoughts i know everyone want to ask

i also know you are going to say where it gets closer things will be made more clear

yeah - thats it basically mate.

Formal rules will be published in a while.

This was really a "heads up" post - so you know whats coming, can start polishing the car, etc.

:(  i think i had too much coffee today  :(

eh? too much coffee?

no - can't grasp that concept - you'll need to explain that one! :lol:

i would ask what is his name but with the amount of clubs in cuba

he could have been anywhere

but i was in a superclubs brezzes in holiguin

nice place far from everything

actually met a guy from london who has a 45ft lorry whith a murial of princess diana on the side of it

he said in belguim they love here there and salute the truck when it goes by