Bluetooth Set-up

scubadvr2001

• 2 weeks later...
I own a 2004 LS430 with Levinson audio.  I want to activate the bluetooth capabilities with my Motorola Model V600 cell phone.  How do I do this?

Thanks,

Bob

go to www.lexus.letstalk.com at last check the v600 had not been tested

According to Let's talk - there is only 1 Sprint phone "certified." I'm confused - why does Lexus have to certify anything if it's Bluetooth? Bluetooth has a few standard specifications - so all Bluetooth 1.1 devices should work together? Any why would Lexus want to get in the certification business anyway - particularly for cell phones that get out-dated each year?

What I have found is that the only "certified" phones are ones where Lexus has exclusive rights to the phones - you can't buy the Sony Sprint phone from Sprint - only from Lexus or Lets talk (a Lexus sponsored company).

Does anyone know how to get non-certified phones to work? Or any Sprint phones other than the only certified phone?

Thanks!

I own a 2004 LS430 with Levinson audio.  I want to activate the bluetooth capabilities with my Motorola Model V600 cell phone.  How do I do this?

Thanks,

Bob

According to Let's talk - there is only 1 Sprint phone "certified." I'm confused - why does Lexus have to certify anything if it's Bluetooth? Bluetooth has a few standard specifications - so all Bluetooth 1.1 devices should work together? Any why would Lexus want to get in the certification business anyway - particularly for cell phones that get out-dated each year?

What I have found is that the only "certified" phones are ones where Lexus has exclusive rights to the phones - you can't buy the Sony Sprint phone from Sprint - only from Lexus or Lets talk (a Lexus sponsored company).

Does anyone know how to get non-certified phones to work? Or any Sprint phones other than the only certified phone?

Thanks!

Has anyone had any luck with verizon phones?

Thanks

I'm confused - why does Lexus have to certify anything if it's Bluetooth?  Bluetooth has a few standard specifications - so all Bluetooth 1.1 devices should work together?

It is troubling how very differently various phone manufacturers are implementing the Bluetooth specification. From my experience, it is not much better with non-phone Bluetooth devices -- I have found that (usually) I can establish a fully functional Bluetooth connected "personal area network" only with PDA users who have the same brand as mine.

I hope that phone manufacturers will work out the bugs with Bluetooth over the next few years although our corporate research group is not optimistic.

Jim

00 LS

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks!

Has anyone had any luck with verizon phones?

Thanks

Hi i have a 2005 LS430 and basically every phone with bluetooth that has an option of a handsfree bluetooth device is compatable(for example P900 by Sony Ericsson will not work at all because its bluetooth is not for being hands free)...now ,there are some limitations like the V600, i helped a friend last week to install it in his LX470 it works good but you cannot transfer your phone book at once but one by one (which is crazy if you have 500 numbers for example)..i have Sony ericsson T610 and it works like it should ,so if you can borrow a different phone just to do the transfers from your SIM card you are fine.

• 1 month later...