Need A Diet

fuelslut

Why are you trying to 'trim weight' on your ES exactly? Fuel economy? :unsure::blink: Not sure I would suggest to take the spare out. I'd start by getting rid of anything you don't need such as any junk not related for use with the car. Many people have boxes of 'junk' that they just leave in the backseats or trunk that weigh quite a bit.....stuff like an emergency kit, jumper cables & your spare tire are things you should NOT be without especially since were going into the harsh winter months. B)

:cheers:

Hey I'm lookin to my make my es300 loose some weight. Anyone know what I can remove that won't take a whole bunch of work? I've already takin the spare tire out.

Kick out your passengers. :P

To what extent are you willing to go to lighten this car? I ask because some things that you can do may (depending on your taste) make the car look unattractive and take away from the luxury/purpose for which the vehicle was designed to do. For example you could remove the rear seat of the car and passenger seat. You could eliminate the a/c system (i.e. removing the compressor etc..), but that takes time and effort if you're doing it yourself. You can also remove the radio, cd changer (if equipped w/ one), speakers, and amp. You could get a carbon fiber hood for the car. I really don't know if a company actually sold that for the ES300, but if you really want one I'm sure you can have one custom made. If you were to do all of that, I'm guessing you'd probably eliminate 100 pounds. Keep in mind all of these are pretty extreme because it compromises how functionable the car is and it's luxury.

Removing stuff inside your car does help but not a great deal because they are sprung weight.

If you really want to 'remove' weight you probably want to invest in lightweight rims instead, because any weight on the wheels add to the rotational inertia directly.

The front strut tower bar (or brace as some call it) is one of the best & least expensive suspension mods you can do.......it's a wise first mod. I can't get one on my 01 ES as it's got the factory AVS (adjustable variable suspension) so it's got steel caps & electronic wires coming from the strut towers. You can do a search on here for places to get the bar. :) I souldn't worry about trimming the weight of the car......keep everything that is needed & make sure junk dosen't collect in the car overtime. B)

:cheers: