Update On Front Window Noise

Booyah

As we all know about the front windows allowing road noise in when our windows are up! Anyway I had the Supposed fix done of installing new window runs, only to find out it did Nothing :censored:

I called the dealer and told them and to call Lexus about it. I called them back and appearantly there is another fix with adjusting the window regulators. They have to take your door panels off to get to them, and they need to readjust some tab on there. Then your noise will be gone from the window pushing so far up into the window channel.

Mines getting done Tuesday, so Ill let you know :whistles:

That sucks, I hate it when they have to compromize the fit of the door panels...

They probably just adjust the upper limit of the motor to cut out the sound.

Thanks SW03, for 97 views and you are the first WOW :cheers:

Yea I know what you mean there, but you beter believe it will be done correct! They said you have to bend some Tab :unsure:

Bend a tab? LOL. I had two rattles on mine, one in the rear doors and one in the windshield. To fix the doors they pulled off a peice of weatherstripping that causes the noise, all fixed, and removed two "useless" tabs on the windshield, problem solved. Sounds like quality control needs to tighten up some.

• 3 weeks later...
As we all know about the front windows allowing road noise in when our windows are up!  Anyway I had the Supposed fix done of installing new window runs, only to find out it did Nothing :censored:

I called the dealer and told them and to call Lexus about it.  I called them back and appearantly there is another fix with adjusting the window regulators.  They have to take your door panels off to get to them,  and they need to readjust some tab on there.  Then your noise will be gone from the window pushing so far up into the window channel.

Mines getting done Tuesday, so Ill let you know  :whistles:

I have a 2005 RX330 with just 1300miles on it. I have taken two trips in it long enough to get used to the vehicle. On the first trip of about 3 hours each way I was quite bugged by the wind and road noise coming from around the front windows. I subscribed to this forum and read what y'all had to say about the problems with the front windows. It's true that the door frame is majorly distorted when the window is ridden all the way to the upper stop. I played with the window enough to get it just to the top without distortion (did this on passanger and drivers door. What a difference. I mean... I still think there's more noise than there should be but I could carry on a conversation and hear the radio in comfort. I'm going to be making an appointment with the dealer to see what they can do.

With that fixed, I'm officially in love with this car.

Thanks to this forum for helping me deal with the noise issue.

R. Sanders

• 2 months later...

I report my 04 RX330 front windows wind noise to Park Place Lexus Dealer, and just have a test drive with a technician after he fixes it. He told me that Lexus provide the replacement for the inside, bottom window seal. At first, it sounds strange to me. I thought they should replace the upper window seal. But the fact is the wind noise now is gone.

I check the RX330 loaner car, that also has the wind noise, and figure out that when the window is pushed up too hard, its bottom is pushed out and cause the gap between window and the inside seal. Probably, Lexus Engineers fix the problem by making a longer seal that can still block the noise. :)

They also fix the rattle noise from my dash. Hooray!

I report my 04 RX330 front windows wind noise to Park Place Lexus Dealer, and just have a test drive with a technician after he fixes it. He told me that Lexus provide the replacement for the inside, bottom window seal. At first, it sounds strange to me. I thought they should replace the upper window seal. But the fact is the wind noise now is gone.

I check the RX330 loaner car, that also has the wind noise, and figure out that when the window is pushed up too hard, its bottom is pushed out and cause the gap between window and the inside seal. Probably, Lexus Engineers fix the problem by making a longer seal that can still block the noise.  :) 

Good deal. Maybe the same problem with the IS300. I can hit the window down switch just a tap and the noise goes away. May also be going up too far.

I check the RX330 loaner car, that also has the wind noise, and figure out that when the window is pushed up too hard, its bottom is pushed out and cause the gap between window and the inside seal. Probably, Lexus Engineers fix the problem by making a longer seal that can still block the noise.  :) 

UPDATE:

Here are the parts info from my invoice. I do not fully understand all the item, but hope it will help you to talk to your dealer.

Dash Rattle Noise:

TSB#NV007-04

NV4012 Dash rattle repair '04 RX 330

NV4012A

NV4012B

NV4012C

NV4012D

NV4012E

NV4012F

Front windows wind noise:

TSB NV008-04

NV4013 Front door wind noise improv '04-'05 RX 330