Es 250 Stereo Problem

Mc0513

Congratulations on your "new" car! Not sure about the cd changer but I hope someone here can answer your question... My 1990 ES250 has the Pioneer Premium sound with the tape and cd deck and everything still works fine...

Thanks, I love the car there is nothing wrong with it except for the cd player it won't even read the cds I have tried older cds as well as new ones.

Thanks, I love the car there is nothing wrong with it except for the cd player it won't even read the cds I have tried older cds as well as new ones.

Mine even works with CD-R's that I burn on my computer...Does it even take the CD and tries to read it?? or what exactly is it doing or not doing??

Mine even works with CD-R's that I burn on my computer...Does it even take the CD and tries to read it?? or what exactly is it doing or not doing??

It takes the cd in and it tries to read it. But it won't read. I don't know if it would be more cost effective to try and repair it or just replace it. I would like to get a 6 disk changer if it is possible, and that would mean replacing the whole unit.

I recently inherited a 1990 ES 250. The only problem I have with the car is that the cd player does not work. Is it possible to change out this stereo for one that has a 6 disk cd changer in the trunk, and keep it stock?

Exactly what happens when you put in a CD? Are there any error messages? Sometimes all it needs is a CD Lens Cleaner disc, because of dust or dirt that prevents the player from reading the CD.

I put the cd in the player and the screed lights up and has "track" on the side but no number comes up and after 5 seconds the cd comes back out.

If the disc ejects it means that it couldn't be read by the laser.......so as I said, maybe the simple thing to do is to use a lens cleaning disc. A lot of dust can accumulate in the player especially on a 15 year old car. :)

If the disc ejects it means that it couldn't be read by the laser.......so as I said, maybe the simple thing to do is to use a lens cleaning disc. A lot of dust can accumulate in the player especially on a 15 year old car.  :)

Thats true it has had some time to collect dust. Do you know if it is possible to install a 6 disk changer in this model?

Do you know if it is possible to install a 6 disk changer in this model?

Anything is possible. :D I don't think that this project is for the average person, unless they have the electronic knowledge to do it. I would check the feasability of doing this at a car audio installer. I'm sure they'll tell you that you have to replace your factory radio, rather then rewiring it. :huh:

P.S. I'm almost sure that a changer option was not offered as an option in 1990 ES's.

amf1932 is correct, the 6 CD changer was not offered on the ES250 for at least the 1990 model year (i actually have the 1990 brochure). If you want to keep it factory try looking on ebay for the factory cd player. That's were I got my factory premium am/fm/cd/cassette radio for my '92 Camry. They usually run about maybe $80 depending on the condition. Hope you're able to find a solution and congrats on your "new" Lexus. Welcome to the club!

What I did was take my cdplayer out and greased the laser guide rails...it turns out that it was very dry and would take a long time to track...if at all...after greasing the bugger, tracking is very fast and no more skipping. Don't know if this may apply to you but it is a thought...and costs nothing.

Do you know if it is possible to install a 6 disk changer in this model?

Anything is possible. :D I don't think that this project is for the average person, unless they have the electronic knowledge to do it. I would check the feasability of doing this at a car audio installer. I'm sure they'll tell you that you have to replace your factory radio, rather then rewiring it. :huh:

P.S. I'm almost sure that a changer option was not offered as an option in 1990 ES's.

i think it was an option, but very few had it. mine had one, i took it out, cause it was broken (the motor on the turning thingy blew out) i was told it was goig to be over $100 to fix, by 4 different people. i sold it in a garage sale for $20. :P

there is even the moutning hardware, wiring and the slot for it in the trunk.

EDIT: then again, maybe not, mine may have been from an LS400 of the similar year...hmm, i will ask the previous owner about that... :huh:

The first Lexus I bought new was a 1991 ES250 in Santa Monica Lexus in Santa Monica, CA, and I was never told about the option of a 6 CD player.  :rolleyes:

well all i knwo is mine had one. it wasnt an ES250 one, so what? it was broke, i took it out, it has only a cassete/Am?FM in the car, btu the cassette doesnt work.

For some reason, I seem to recall looking at the only ES250 I've ever looked at and I think it had a factory Lexus 3 disc changer in the front, at the bottom of the center stack, below the radio...not sure what year 250 it was. I wanna say it was a 91

Like I said before:

In the Spring of 1991 while I was negotiating a deal at the Lexus dealer, I specifically asked about a CD player/changer that I would like installed on my '91 ES250. In no uncertain terms he told me that Lexus does NOT have this feature as an option! He also told me that the only way to have that done was to bring the ES to a car radio installer to put in an aftermarket unit. After seeing what was available, I decided not to do that and just be happy with the factory radio & cassette player. Furthermore, the audio dealer I went to told me the car was NOT factory wired for this CD addition. <_<

Like I said before:

In the Spring of 1991 while I was negotiating a deal at the Lexus dealer, I specifically asked about a CD player/changer that I would like installed on my '91 ES250. In no uncertain terms he told me that Lexus does NOT have this feature as an option! He also told me that the only way to have that done was to bring the ES to a car radio installer to put in an aftermarket unit. After seeing what was available, I decided not to do that and just be happy with the factory radio & cassette player. Furthermore, the audio dealer I went to told me the car was NOT factory wired for this CD addition.   <_<

**POST DELETED**

i jumped the gun, sorry all. :unsure:

Hey Army, Stop being immature!

I did NOT imply that you're a liar! All I said was what was told to me back in 1991 when I went to a Lexus dealer and asked about CD players for that year car. How, in any way shape or form does this implicate you? IT DOESN'T! I was just relating my experience!

I BOUGHT THIS CAR NEW AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A LEXUS DEALER AND ALSO AN AUTO RADIO COMPANY!!!

The fact that you recently bought this USED, 15 year old car negates your argument, because you really don't know what was changed or done in all this time to this car. I don't give a rap that you had a "changer cartridge" inside your trunk, 'cause it probably wasn't there when the car was new. So what's your point?

:censored:

Hey Army, Stop being immature!

I did NOT imply that you're a liar! All I said was what was told to me back in 1991 when I went to a Lexus dealer and asked about CD players for that year car. How, in any way shape or form does this implicate you? IT DOESN'T! I was just relating my experience!

I BOUGHT THIS CAR NEW AND THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A LEXUS DEALER AND ALSO AN AUTO RADIO COMPANY!!!

The fact that you recently bought this USED, 15 year old car negates your argument, because you really don't know what was changed or done in all this time to this car. I don't give a rap that you had a "changer cartridge" inside your trunk, 'cause it probably wasn't there when the car was new. So what's your point?

:censored:

ok man, you know what, we both need to chill here, i jumped to conclusions...my fault. i didnt mean to *BLEEP* you off, and i seriosuly dont know what came over me, other than the fact that im a little drunk and just had a HUGE fight with my younger brother about how he is the most arrogant cuss and how the world doesnt revlove around him. but thats besides the point. i jumped to conclusiouns and assumed you meant something that you didnt mean. my fault entierly. ill edit my post and you can edit yours if you wish.... my bad man. 100% my fault.

i guess i really dont have a point now :blink: , i had a point, if in fact you were calling me a liar (which you arent) that my car is 15 years old so i have no idea what has been done to it, just like you said LOL. thats the issue with internet boards, it can be SO hard to understand how people mean things when they say them. i apologize for being out of line.

we cool? B)

OK Army.......Let's still be friends.......awright?  :cheers:

P.S. I always have the same type of fights with my younger brother also.  :D

my bad due, i feel so bad abut that.

about my bro, you probably havent had a fight like this...ill PM you, it doesnt belog in this thread...