Need Help In Finding Best Drop Springs & Stereo

SC400 chic

Any suggestions what's the type of drop springs I could use on my SC400 that has the best ride?

I also need help with deciding on what type of stereo is good to replace the existing stock stereo/cd changer. Does the volume button stay or gets pulled and they just leave a hole there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have espilar springs and tokico shocks; the ride is decent but a little bumpy. It rides like a sports car which is what I wanted and corners amazingly. I also have an aftermarket radio and you leave the vol/power button in the dash, it just has no function.

I have espilar springs and tokico shocks; the ride is decent but a little bumpy. It rides like a sports car which is what I wanted and corners amazingly. I also have an aftermarket radio and you leave the vol/power button in the dash, it just has no function.

I just recently bought the IS stock rims and tires and it leaves a gap so I wanted a drop to close the gap. I also wanted to change the stock radio as the cd changer is broken. Thanks for the help/advice.

I use supra NA eibach pro-kit springs and supra bilstein shocks. The ride is a little stiff but it handles great and better then most cars that are just as low. Im also using 18" ADR formula 5 rims with pirelli p-zeronero M&S 235/40-18 so that increases the bumpyness of the ride. STILL i like it a lot.. highly recomended!

I also have a nakamichi CD-400 deck, Rainbow dream line speakers, and a nakamichi PA-506 6 channel amp powering the whole thing... sound is CRAZY, and clear!!! cant go wrong w/ the aftermarket nakamichi stuff!

I use supra NA eibach pro-kit springs and supra bilstein shocks.  The ride is a little stiff but it handles great and better then most cars that are just as low.  Im also using 18" ADR formula 5 rims with pirelli p-zeronero M&S 235/40-18 so that increases the bumpyness of the ride.  STILL i like it a lot.. highly recomended!

I also have a nakamichi CD-400 deck, Rainbow dream line speakers, and a nakamichi PA-506 6 channel amp powering the whole thing... sound is CRAZY, and clear!!! cant go wrong w/ the aftermarket nakamichi stuff!

Thanks for the help/advice. I'm clueless when it comes to springs and shocks, I just know I need a drop and wanted something that the ride isn't too bad. I was thinking about a nakamichi deck. Do you know how much they cost?

the nakamichi CD-400 is about 260 on ebay and in the low 300s on online shops (www.etronics.com) plus S&H. At audio shops it can be up around 400. If you want the higher end nakamichi decks (not usualy needed unless you have a pro sound system in the multi thousands) can go for 600 up to 1400. But the cd-400 is great and has all the sound quality almost anyone would ever need. Great upgrade

the nakamichi CD-400 is about 260 on ebay and in the low 300s on online shops (www.etronics.com) plus S&H.  At audio shops it can be up around 400.  If you want the higher end nakamichi decks (not usualy needed unless you have a pro sound system in the multi thousands) can go for 600 up to 1400.  But the cd-400 is great and has all the sound quality almost anyone would ever need.  Great upgrade

Thanks, I will check it out. :D

I have a set of Eibachs on my SC400 with brand new OEM struts. They ride a little firmer than stock, but still very comfortable. The handling is also very much improved. The only thing that's annoying is a noise I now have in the rear. A friend of mine who also has an SC400 has the same noise. We suspect it's the upper coils in the rear springs hitting each other when hitting certain bumps like potholes. It only happens when the springs expand and then compress together again quickly. Other than that, I'm happy with the ride quality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the best drop kit is the the TEIN coilovers, it comes witht he shocks and everything alltogether. You get what you way so don't go cheap on a LEXUS or you can get the HKS damper kit but that gets way up there.

Anybody need any performance parts feel free to e-mail me.

doubleimagemotorsports@hotmail.com