2006 Gs300

The 3th generation GS series will be introduced in the early spring of 2005.  Any idea on the MSRP or early performance reviews and quality evaluation ?

:cheers:

tks.

a.c.

looks like the 1st edition will have the 300 engine. the 07 should have the 350 engine as thought. seems most of the 06's will ship with 18' run flat tires on the awd versions. all in all looks great and will fly out of the showroom. the interior is top notch

Definately wait. The new GS is the first Lexus to show off their new styling theme and soon all Lexus are going to share it so the current GS is going to look odd man out down the road. The real appeal of the Lexus is its longevity, might as well wait and buy the brand new model which should look new for 8 or so years down the road.

Run flats? Eeeww.

Thats your opinion, I don't think it looks anything like a Maxima though. A Saab maybe, but not a Maxima. I think the new GS is exponentially more appealing than the current GS which I've never liked the styling of.

Thats your opinion, I don't think it looks anything like a Maxima though. A Saab maybe, but not a Maxima. I think the new GS is exponentially more appealing than the current GS which I've never liked the styling of.

I know, you guys are mostly ES fans over here :D I have an ES too. I can honestly say that I like the 1995 to current ESes more than the 2006 GS.

The 1998 to 2005 GS is just plain awesome looking in my opinon.

The 06 GS is just plain jane, blend with crowd styling. A step backward in LOOKS if you ask me.(and many others).

Not at all actually, in fact we want more GS, SC, and IS fans ;)

As for reaction, the reaction from current GS owners hasn't been great but thats to be expected, they own the previous generation car and they seek to reinforce their decision to purchase that car. The response to the new GS though in focus groups and from the automotive press has been very positive. Keep in mind that the GS series sales have slipped to almost nothing over the past 2-3 years, people shopping in that price bracket don't even consider it anymore. It simply must be redone.

looks like the 1st edition will have the 300 engine. the 07 should have the 350 engine as thought. seems most of the 06's will ship with 18' run flat tires on the awd versions. all in all looks great and will fly out of the showroom. the interior is top notch

How certain are you on the 350 for 2007, Perhaps; i should really wait for the GS350 ?

Those 18' rims looks really nice on photo.

tks...

a.c.

• 1 month later...

I agree, it's unfortunate that sales of the current GS are down to zilch, but looking at the competition, most of them have freshened up their line.

The GS is a very overlooked car IMO, the 400 especially with it's MB, Audi and BMW slaying capacities. I like it's current lines and I don'T think the look will get "old" like some other cars do.

The thing i'm scared of is that they'll make the newer GS for "older" people, like it seems Audi has done with the A6, making it bigger and softer.