My New 1998 Ls400

ceacha

I just purchased my first Lexus, a 1998 LS 400. A friend at work purchased a 2005 430 and he sold me his old one. It is very clean with only 34,000 miles. However, I have one small problem. The front cigarette lighter will not work. I have checked the fuse and it is intact. All other electrics on the car operate fine. Any suggestions?

Also, can anyone recommend a parts supplier on the internet? My local dealer is going to be expensive.

Thank you.

Have you checked the connector on the back of the cigarette lighter. Check to see if you have ground on the outer ring of the lighter. I believe that will tell you if it is connected (at least partially).

Are you absolutely sure that the fuse is good and it is the correct one? I have, in the past, seen some fuses that were bad, but looked good. Only after testing them electrically did I find that it was bad. It's a longshot, but worth a quick check.

You could try substituting another fuse just to try it.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like it will remain a mystery....  :unsure:

A small black button under the steering column. Unlabled, but clearly factory as it is not cut into the plastic but molded. Here is the really odd thing. It is not referenced in the owner's manual.

[

A small black button under the steering column. Unlabled, but clearly factory as it is not cut into the plastic but molded. Here is the really odd thing. It is not referenced in the owner's manual.

That would probably be the button that toggles the keyless entry "beep" sound on/off. The button should not turn the cig lighter on/off and is described on page 13 of my 00 LS owners manual.