Need Intake Opinions

SirSam

Ok, I'm gonna start with an Intake Upgrade and will probably do it this weekend. Is a K&N Intake really that much better then others and what 77series part# will fit a 92SC400? I particularly like this one as it is simple and keeps the engine looking sharp http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=577 , but how much HP will I really get out of it as it looks like a BFI. Is there any difference with a Short Ram Intake System? I've been doing alot of reading and keep going in circles. If anyone has any recommendations that you have on yours or have tryed and would prefer please let me know, thanks in advance!

Ok, I'm gonna start with an Intake Upgrade and will probably do it this weekend. Is a K&N Intake really that much better then others and what 77series part# will fit a 92SC400? I particularly like this one as it is simple and keeps the engine looking sharp http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=577 , but how much HP will I really get out of it as it looks like a BFI. Is there any difference with a Short Ram Intake System? I've been doing alot of reading and keep going in circles. If anyone has any recommendations that you have on yours or have tryed and would prefer please let me know, thanks in advance!

I believe the Rod Millen Intake is using a K&N Filter. It seems a little expensive to me.

JD owen is right, you won't see that much difference if any with the performance of your car. The colder and more dense air can only be found at the bottom of your car and near the radiator. If you can create a large enough duct to carry the air to your intake it will be more productive.

i just put a millen intake in my 93 sc400 yesterday. it took 4 months to get it and about a half an hour to install. the instructions were pretty useless. i have questions and don't know who to go to ... i don't see much of a difference in the performance with the millen intake. at least not $300 worth!

if i had it to do again, i'd do a BFI or get a cheap intake from e-bay. i think i'm going to wind up doing a BFI anyway.

• 2 years later...

while on the subject of intakes, what do you guys do around here if your 300 was built after 1996? it seems like aftermarket performance intakes are nonexistant-

exactly how critical are the changes that happened to sc300s that an intake will fit a '96 but not a '97?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...