Weird Problem

EAGLE33

Here is the problem for you all.

I brought my 96 LS400 for tinting, or actually retinting. After all the work was done, the car went dead. Doesn't start. In the past I had my dome light on for the night, but it starts fine in the morning. Now they tryed to jump start, and here is what happens:

The car would start, but only for a minute

All the lights on the dash is NOT on

Shifter wouldn't shift. :unsure:

I've been told that it could be happening because of moisture inside the car, but somehow I don't think so.

Could it be just a battery? Or something serious??

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Battery? Alternator?

To me its sounds more like a fuses or in worst scenario - electrical short somewhere

Even if the car would run on battery only, what it has to do with the dash pannel and shifter not working? :whistles:

the shifter unlocking mechanism is electric, bad power and the brake pedal switch contact won't disengage the shift lock. mine got real noisy so i put a steel ball in the manual override to disable it. this is definitely an electrical problem. what did it turn out to be?

did they remove your door panels for tinting? if yes they might have shorten smth, you should check all the fuses and all the wiring that was in touch with the tinting ppl.

I had a similar problem while installing lights. Still haven't solved it, but figure it was also a short. The shifter stopped shifting and some of my lights died (all the button backlights on the climate control) and all that, BUT I could still start the car fine. I never completely solved the short. I just used the emergency shifter release to let it free.