Recommend A Place To Buy Floormats?

MikeP

My '04 LS430 has Ash interior with light gray carpets and floormats. I'm thinking about replacing the floormats with a darker gray, similar to the dash and upper door trim. I figure the darker shade will show dirt less and I won't panic as much when I get in the car with dirty shoes. I checked with my local Lexus dealer and the only darker gray OEM floormats they offered for the LS430 were charcoal and black. They did not have the charcoal in stock and had no sample to show me. I'm thinking the charcoal will be pretty close to black and darker than I want. Does anyone know what color interior comes with charcoal capets and floormats?

My other alternative is to buy online, but have no experience with aftermarket suppliers. Can anyone recommend a website, particularly one that you have purchased merchandise from? I did an internet search and found a few places that sell floormats for an LS430, but it's tough to know if the color sample on the monitor is true to the actual color.

Mike

I've been thinking about replacing my mats with aftermarket ones. For one they have no nubs underneath and they slide everywhere, especially in the rear. Thts beside the point though.

I think charcoal is what you want, but make sure they're LS430 mats and not LS400 mats. The LS400 came with darker mats on the tan and grey interiors, for some reason the mats on the grey now are the same color as the carpeting. This color used to be the color of the upper dash. I think it still comes with darker mats for tan...

Check these out Mike:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?...&pid=900&cid=45

The Lexus mats are nice, but these are nicer! I just wish I could find some with the Lexus logo.

They're 48 ounce per square yard, thats at least twice as plush as the Lexus mats....

Thanks for the link, Steve. This place has the best variety of any I have seen so far.

Mike

I think I found a solution for my floor mat problem. My biggest concern is dirtying the light gray OEM floor mats when the weather is bad or when my shoes are muddy. I like the OEM floor mats because they seem to be of good quality and have a heal pad for the driver.

I found some really cheap ($15) gray carpet floor mats at Target that are a little smaller than the OEM mats. I slipped the Target mats under the OEM mats so they aren't visible. When I want to use them, I can pull them out and put them on top of the OEM mats to prevent them from getting soiled. For now, I'm going to see if that solution works like I hope. If not, I'll only be out $15.

Steve, I've bookmarked the Auto Sport website in case I need to order a good set.

Mike

yeah thats what i did too. exept i put them over my OE mats.......

i just went to pepboys last winter and got some of the heavy duty ruber floor mats,,,tan in color.......

i've left them in every since......they look fine...and man are the soooo much easier to clean, they are tappered in on all sides so no dirt, sand, ect...gets on your carpet or other mats... then just hose em off when they get dirty.

and you don't ruin your factory mats, its a good call...

When I purchased my car I also purchased a new set of OE mats from ebay. The mats were only $97 on ebay and I've seen LS430 mats go for about the same price. At first I was afraid to get them dirty so I would take off my shoes and pull out my driving shoes from the trunk. I ended up getting too lazy to do this all the time so I figured that I'd just replace these mats every year....at under $10 a month getting them dirty isn't really a big deal to me.

I think darker mats look dirtier when they do get dirty...especially black.

Everything that sticks and falls on the carpet shows up and stands out on the darker background.