2004 Es 330,

kanninES

I have a 3 month old 2004 ES 330 and I'm not thrilled with it's ride quality. Before I bought it I test drove it and was very happy. Now it lacks that Lexus smoothness. I've checked the tire pressures and everthing seems fine. I'm going to drive another one and compare. When the road is absolutely prefect it drives great, but the slightest imperfection is transmitted through the body. It's not that severe but enough to make me question it. Anybody else feel this way?

seems strange. I have a es 330, 7000 miles, still rides great. Oil change and tire rotation at 5000, slight vibration in front until tires warm up, 55 or 75 smooths out just fine. tire preasure was 35 psi after rotion, car calls out for 29 psi front and rear. dealer sould help you. hope everything goes o.k.

Tim

Drive something else to compare.

One thing I've noticed is when you drive the car every day in and every day out you get used to the ride quality and the car will stop impressing you, until you drive something else. Anything else and you'll be impressed again when you drive your Lexus. THink about it this way, as long as you don't have the computer suspension then nothing could have changed with the car that would make a firmer ride.

I have a 3 month old 2004 ES 330 and I'm not thrilled with it's ride quality.  Before I bought it I test drove it and was very happy.  Now it lacks that Lexus smoothness.  I've checked the tire pressures and everthing seems fine.  I'm going to drive another one and compare.  When the road is absolutely prefect it drives great, but the slightest imperfection is transmitted through the body.  It's not that severe but enough to make me question it. Anybody else feel this way?

Check to see if both cars have the same tires.

• 1 year later...

In reference to psi,,,, what should the psi in a tire be?? Imean is there a rule of thumb of how much below the tire has stated on the side wall?? If you are not riding in snow and just want to know where you should keep your tire preasure. Every time I take my car for oil change my tires feel like rocks cuz they pump them up to maximum psi. So is there any guildline? I am running 215 x 50 17's on my es... thanks :cheers::cheers:

So is there any guildline? I am running 215 x 50 17's on my es

Lexus offers no tire pressure guidelines for 215 x 50 17's on a 1996 ES because these were not the factory original wheel and tire sizes.

so your pretty much on your own? just drive and feel and listen? or is there a norm below maxx psi that I can go with? but thanks sk I didnt know that.

Its possible one of your tires has shown a defect. Maybe the belt seperated. Rotate the tires and see if the ride changes. also with that wheel size the tires are probablly very low profile, with much stiffer side walls, causing not as nice a ride.

Probably a stretch, but what about temperature? If the person drives only short distances, the tires will be colder this time of year then when he bought it. This might give a harsher ride. Or, conceivably, the fluid in the shocks could become more viscous in the cold. Again, this would disappear after the car warmed up.

Seems unlikely, but I guess it's possible.

Probably a stretch, but what about temperature? If the person drives only short distances, the tires will be colder this time of year then when he bought it. This might give a harsher ride. Or, conceivably, the fluid in the shocks could become more viscous in the cold. Again, this would disappear after the car warmed up.

Seems unlikely, but I guess it's possible.

Hey guys I dont have a problem,tires arent even on my car till spring I am just trying to figure out what preasure I will want to run this summer? I feel the maxx is always like a rock and needed advice as to what preasure I should be looking for? B)

Drive something else to compare.

One thing I've noticed is when you drive the car every day in and every day out you get used to the ride quality and the car will stop impressing you, until you drive something else.

I have noticed the same thing. As soon as I start noticing all of the little bumps, etc. in my Lexus, I end up riding on a trip with a coworker or family member and quickly remember how good the Lexus ride is. Then I am enjoing my vehicle all over again.