Intake Meter

IronWorker

In the repair manual for my 93 LS 400, this part is called the "Volume Air Flow Meter."

I don't have a repair manual for the ES; however, I would assume they would use the same terminology.

It is obviously the same part as the Mass Air Flow Sensor.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Took car back to dealer to verify the part - It is the MAF. They wanted $400 to replace. I have located a part for much less, but not sure if it is necessary.

Should I just disassemble (using Haynes manual) give it a good cleaning and put back. I so, what to clean with?

Yes, I found it cleaned it, restarted car 3-4 times to try and reset warning light. Still on. I was looking for the tutorial section for general info and future reference, I have a haynes manual. Would anyone care to point me to the tutorial section. Thanks

Ironworker, since you cleaned it, i'm not sure if this would help... but don't forget to leave one of the terminal on your battery out to try to reset it. I usually leave it out for either 1 hr (i know you don't necessarily have to leave it that long) or i just leave it out for the whole night n go to bed... n wake up in the morning n put it back in. It should reset your computer.

Which tutorial r u looking for?