Es 330 - Infernal Door Open Beeper

jrzes330

Does anyone know how to disable the beeper that activates when your key's in the ignition and the driver's door is open (or seat belt isn't connected)? I don't need the seat belt reminder...been wearing it while driving for over 30 years, and the doors can't be locked with the key in the ignition. So, I'd really like to stop the noise!!! Thanks.

I'm aware they've been around for a while. I was able to remove the beeper (it looks like a large block-type fuse) on my Nissan Maxima and other cars but I was hoping there was a way to disarm it electronically (without digging under the dash to physically remove it) on the 330. Is there a code to do this?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm aware they've been around for a while.  I was able to remove the beeper (it looks like a large block-type fuse) on my Nissan Maxima and other cars but I was hoping there was a way to disarm it electronically (without digging under the dash to physically remove it) on the 330.  Is there a code to do this?

I'm trying to do a similar thing - disable the reverse beeper.

jrzes, can you show me a pic of the "block-fuse like" beeper, with that I'll be more confident in finding the reverse beeper and remove it.

Thanks!

2 totally different thigns eric

the seatblet one is in the dash, it can usually be removed by tracing it deep into the bowels of the dash.

NO ONE CAN SAY WHAT YOURS IS ERIC, YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT BY YOURSELF.

it is nto original equipment so you need to listen and trace it back.

The Driver Door has a blue-yellow (solid blue with yellow stripe) wire and a solid yellow wire that may control the beeping sound when disconnected. This is on a 20 pin connector located in the drivers kick panel. There may be other side effects of disconnecting the wire as I haven'tr tried it yet. Any side effects of tampering with the wiring is your responsibility.

the seatblet one is in the dash, it can usually be removed by tracing it deep into the bowels of the dash.

skperformance, I didn't mean to ask stupid questions here. I did attempt to hear and trace it only that I could not find it. The beep seemed to come from behind the fuse board. Because I read one of the replies that said the beeper is like a block-fuse and I remember seeing some block modules under the dash. I couldn't see it very clearly under the dash because the fuse board was blocking my view and I didn't know how to remove it. Apologies if I had led people to think that I was not using the forum correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a problem of using the forum properly,

Just you kind of need to be able to look for it yourself since it is not factory which then leads to infinate possiilities which can only be found pysically , meaning you have to look for it.