Just Curious How Much...............?

I am just curious for all you GS owners that bought your cars used, in the last 4 years how much money did you guys put into your cars to keep it maintained and running smooth. I am not talking about modifications, just things like engine and electrical. thanks, I am not trying to be nosey, just trying to figure out to buy a used GS or lease new. If I lease, It is going to be expensive, but new and reliable. If I go used, it will be cheaper, but most likely eventually will need some work done. Thanks.

well i got mine july 21, 2004 i have had to put a/c filter 25 bucks, I have had to put other air filter 25 bucks, in 2,000 miles i will have to spend 300 for the trans service which wil be at 2,000 miles then if all goes well the next big one is at 90,000 which i've been told is 1,200 bucks...oh if the lighter is bad that's 25 bucks make sure you check i got lucky my dealer let me take one out of another car...never thought to check the two filters.....I LOVE my car....haven't had it very long though...I would say AWESOME CAR...let someone else pay full retail the second you buy any car it immediately depricates.....hope that helps B)

I bought mine used June 13, 2004 from a private seller. 1998 GS400. I have placed AC cabin filter ($18.00), Wheel balance and align ($91.45) and change oil myself. I am coming up on 50,000 within the next 2 months. The guy that did my alignment commented that I have a car that will give me many years of trouble free driving and he has been doing alignments for 30 years. If you lok at the message boards, the lexus owners have some pretty fine cars with many miles on them. My belief is that if a Camry (which I sold before gettign my Lexus) can go for 200,000 without any major mechanical problems, then a Lexus should be at least as good (and I bet much better). Good luck. Very pleased with mine. very, very pleased. :D