Cloth Interior

Travieso~13

Was there any cloth interior ever made for LEXUS??? Like from the '90's and up. This guy put this reply from ebay. Read and tell me what you think:

i have a n003 nakamichi radio from a cloth interior car from a 1990 ls400 . also have a p1606 radio from a cloth interior 1991 built sc400 son i know they made them. plus i have the 1990 nakamichi service manual for c708, c708 c709 c710 . so they definitely made 4 nakamichi radios 2 cd button and 2 non cd button. 2 with cloth and 2 with leather. as far as my price the 8000.00 is for brand new system . the dealer calls his refurbed stereo parts new but the say right on the box that they are refurbished. the nak system prices for new not refurbished are as follows. $4089.00 for a new not refurbished radio. 1300.00 for new not refurbished cd charger. 900.00 for new not refurbished nakamichi amp. 700.00 for new subwoofer . the other 4 door speakers are 360.00 each and 2 tweeters 179.00 each brings total of nak system to 9,000.00 not 8,000.00. now granted new components may not be available but dont think a dealer selling a nak radio for 500.00 and saying it is new is stretching the meaning of new. refurbished radios have been broken and fixed and in my opinion are below a used radio from a low mileage car that has never been broken which is the kind i sell. the dealers definition of new on audio items is the problem. there is new new and new to you that causes the problem of thinking the dealer sells a new nak system for less than 8,000.00.

Just general info and question.

Steve

Thanks! I just wanted top clear that up. Also because i was thinking of re-doing the interior on my car, but I was planning on redoing it with cloth on the seats, same color but cloth. It gets very hot here in Southern Cali. I want to be different, i know its not luxury w/out leather, but its my car right? Like you said, "its different"

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, the early models had the cloth and leather was the option. I have a 90 white Lexus with the blue cloth interior. I love it since it is different...

That would be one of my favorite color combinations. White with blue interior. I would also prefer the cloth.

Yes, strange as it may seem, cloth was standard on these cars initially. I am not sure what year that leather became standard. Most of them have the leather option. I actually wish my car had the cloth interior- especially since my A/C is broken. The leather is too hot in the summer. <_<

Say what you want about cloth seats but I like them. I like the cloth seats in my Caprice better than the leather in the Lexus. It's not that I don't like the leather, I just think the cloth is more comfortable. The leather still smells better though.

Say what you want about cloth seats but I like them. I like the cloth seats in my Caprice better than the leather in the Lexus. It's not that I don't like the leather, I just think the cloth is more comfortable. The leather still smells better though.

I agree. I prefer cloth seating as well.