Cluster Labor, Worth It Or Not?

norbertk

I went to order my wallet key from Lexus today, paid $37 with tax, and it will be ready for me tomorrow! I asked about the cluster labor charge, as my engine temperature gauge went dead yesterday after a painful blinking death. My fuel gauge has also been out for quite some time. (Red light) They charge $10 for a bulb, and they want to replace all 10 of them, "Just because they might as well since they're back there." I think they were just talking about the backlighting.

I spoke to the service department and they said the needle is a flourscent tube and the whole gauge would need to be replaced. I was told the gauge set would cost $ 898.71, and with labor and taxes.. about $1250.

Now I hope there is an alternate solution to this problem, if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
it seems like everything at lextech is geared to SC's. I have a 95es w/dying tach and gas gauge.

Has anyone removed an es cluster & sent it to them?

Why don't you try e-mailing someone at LexTech. I am sure they can help you.

You could also look for a used cluster on eBay. They usually run @ $250-300 and it only takes a few ninutes to make the swap.

My cluster is weak too, two of my needles are dead, should I open it up and just put white out on the speed needle? Because i can't see it at night, not worth it $250 to me though, for a needle to be bright. Besides maybe I can use it as excuse if get pulled over for speeding!

EMAIL ME I have a pdf file that contains .gif files that I am not allowed to upload to the forum. The .pdf file is an option that is considerably less expensive fix if you have some soldering experience . :cheers: