Just Changed The O2 Sensors On 95 Es300

AjayD

I just changed the both front o2 sensors on my lexus ES300. I can not tell you how easy it is to do this. I went to lexus, and they wanted 6 hours of labor charges for both, almost $600.00 dollars.

I was able to purchase original o2 from www.irontoad.com for about $102.00 a piece and purchased an o2 wrench from a local auto store.

I was done changing the sensors in less than 30 minutes. I fealt like going to back the lexus shop and tell them to hire me or atleast let me show them that it does not take 6 hours to change 2 o2 sensors....

I just changed the both front o2 sensors on my lexus ES300. I can not tell you how easy it is to do this. I went to lexus, and they wanted 6 hours of labor charges for both, almost $600.00 dollars.

I was able to purchase original o2 from www.irontoad.com for about $102.00 a piece and purchased an o2 wrench from a local auto store.

I was done changing the sensors in less than 30 minutes. I fealt like going to back the lexus shop and tell them to hire me or atleast let me show them that it does not take 6 hours to change 2 o2 sensors....

Welcome to the world of flat rate charges.

Very few things take as long as the flat rate says they will.

I agree with skperformance. There are (3) sensors. Two are in the engine bay on the manifold and the other before cat.

6 hours??? What did they do charge you for waiting for the car to cool down after driving? Something does not seem right.

Dealers flat rates are for the morons that can't read. The book they go by is "padded" big time.

That is what I told them. They said its 3 hours for each labor. And I live in New Jersey, we have the most dishonest cars sales and repair shops. I asked to look at the book they go by, and they refused to show. Figured something was wrong.....

Anyhow, I was done and I am happy.

I am changing the antenna mast this weekend, hope fully that goes well.....

This site has some really good info for the do it your self type......

• 2 weeks later...