Mercedes Or Porsche?

LS430

Im currently looking at a 200 S430 and a 2000 Porsche Carrera. I know the 430 has more run, but the carrera is more sporter. And I heard that the 2003 ML500 are a bad deal? So should I buy a 430 or carrera? lso, should I get a ML500 for my wife's birthday? Thanks alot.

I think he meant room...not run. <_< The current S430 is one of my favorite cars, so very, very beautiful, but being a Lexus owner, I can't help but wonder about the reliability! :D

:cheers:

Don't buy the ML although it drives nice it is a hunk of junk

the S 430 is nice as is the S500 but get a E500 for less and get more including a better resale.

The SC is a nice car but asss ugly to me but it will last for years to come.

The rx is a nice machine also with a ferw small quirks which have been worked out.

If you want a carerra then their is little to compare it to in the arena of cars , to me i would merge the 2 and get an M5 to get room and speed with comfort all of which all the cars above have as best traits except perfect reliability but it is very good.

Hey LS430,

I seriously looked at a ML500 before I purchased my 2001 RX-300. I

felt it drove very very stiff, but if you took it to a highway, the ride wasn't

as bad. I do most my driving in a local area, so that one was definitely not

for me. And I think the fact of it being white didn't help. I really don't want to

wash my car 8 days a week.

As for a Porsche,hmmmm---we have some tough winters in New England.

We have a Porsche dealer now, in the area-- but,they don't have much for

vehicles. I only have 1 friend with a Porsche and if he ever counted all the

repair money he spent on it (ok---- it's 12 yrs old), he probably could have

upgraded long ago.

PharmGuy

• 3 weeks later...

Mercedes or Porsche? MERCEDES. I would not buy a "fire ball" Porsche. I have seen way too many Porches (even 2000-2004 models) on E-bay that have burned to a turn. Just last year in the parking lot at work, one caught fire under the hood and charred the car. What is the matter with these cars? UNSAFE in my opinion!! Same for Jaguar and Range Rover- seen several on there that have caught fire. :o <_<

Buy: Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac, Lincoln, etc, but not a Porsche. There is something bad wrong with those cars. :unsure: