Radiator--new?

I bought the lexus a few months ago with no records from a rich lady who knows little about cars. I was about to change the radiator fluid for the winter but lo and behold it says "2004 Toyota" :blink: on the top of the radiator in white letters...does this mean it is a new radiator? It does look new and the fluid looks clean and red.

Should I change the fluid still???? :wacko:

Can you get ahold of the lady you purchased the car from to ask her? Kind of sounds to me that that service has been done from what your describing. You can get a coolant test done as well to see how good it is. :) Where abouts in T.O. are you BTW hammer?

:cheers:

Can you get ahold of the lady you purchased the car from to ask her?  Kind of sounds to me that that service has been done from what your describing.  You can get a coolant test done as well to see how good it is.  :)  Where abouts in T.O. are you BTW hammer?

I emailed the lady and she simply said she does not know. It seems that her husband took care of the cars maintenance but they are now separated.

I am around Jane/Finch area.

I just looked at the top of my radiator after a coolant flush and guess what>

it says TOYOTA 2004.

My car is a 1995 and I have had it for last 4 yrs.

So Hammer: Change the coolant-you are all original.

I should check my rad just to see what it say's. If you feel more comfortable to change the engine coolant then go fot it.......I suggest the pink super long life stuff......I'll be using it next time too.

I just looked at the top of my radiator after a coolant flush and guess what>

it says TOYOTA 2004.

My car is a 1995 and I have had it for last 4 yrs.

So Hammer: Change the coolant-you are all original.

yours says 2004 too???!!!! Holy smolly. That is weird, misleading, and odd. :blink: Why in heavens would they put that stamp on the rad 9 or 8 years ago?

I was hoping it was new oh well...I will do a flush now.

Thanks guys.