Fram Air Hog?

I've heard they are good for 250,000 miles (K & N has a million mile guarantee - not that most if any will ever get that mileage). How does it compare for cleaning the filter with the K & N brian & what about the cost of the filter? :unsure:

So the air hog offers no advantage over the K & N? And no I'm not trying to "open up a can of worms" by asking that either lol. I'm suprised it's a bit more than the k & n actually. :blink:

I think its alittle more because its "new" and that's all. Prices seem to drop when things get old. Alright, I just filled up my tank from using a regular fram air filter. I made 353 miles on 13 gallons of gas = 27mpg (If I did my math correctly!) Now I am want to see how the mileage differs with this FRAM Air Hog. I noticed alittle difference in the acceleration and it was nice. When I bought the car, I knew that I was buying a luxury car and not a sports car. Heck, I traded in a Chevrolet Corvette for my baby and it was the second smartest decision I ever made; the first was marrying my wife! I made no other mods to the car except changing the air filter. Same octane rating fuel from even the same gas station. Yea, I heard that not every gas station sells the same quality gas. Anyone wanna bet that my mileage will go up or down?

-Brian

Oh, cleaning the filter is about the same annoying way. Wash the filter carefully by pushing / flowing water through the filter. clean, and let dry NATURALLY! Oil and replace! That's it for 250,000 miles! What a deal, huh? Oh well, I get alittle excited being this is my first "good" car. Wait, I mean our car! You married guys know what I mean?! :cheers:

-Brian