Repair Manuals

vevro

I was looking to buy a repair manual on Ebay for my 99 LS and came across two versions of it. The hard copy (2 volumes) costs around $150 while the CD version is only $10. Has anyone used the CD version of the repair manual? What are the differences between the two?

I have both....well, not volume 1 of the book, just vol 2; that's why I got the CD, cause vol 1 is mostly Diag codes, Service Specs, Introduction & Preperation. Vol 2 is the guts.......

for $150 though, that's a pretty good deal.......I like looking at the book.

CD is a little cryptic, you'll learn all kinds of abbreviations about the LS!! I use the CD all the time to help out on the forum :cheers:

Thanks guys. Well that's disapointing; I was ready to buy the CD.

What about alldata.com? It seems the subscription is only $25 for a CD with repair procedures and other diagnostic information. Has anyone tried their products?

Or should I stop wasting my time and just buy the OEM repair manual?

CD is useless, alldatadiy.com is pretty much same as those 2 volumes plus 3rd one. also search in alldata is much easier then in the book

CD is useless, alldatadiy.com is pretty much same as those 2 volumes plus 3rd one. also search in alldata is much easier then in the book

Alright, that's nice to hear VMF. $25 bucks thats more like it. I'll buy it on monday from work, where i'll be able to print everything out. It seems Alldata doesn't provide CDs yet but will in the near future.:cheers: Thank you for your help everyone.

Can someone also point to a website where i can buy discounted OEM parts? I'm planning to do some DIY in the next coming weeks and don't want to buy the parts from the dealership.

If you have a 95 and up Lexus and buy the shop manuals you might want to consider supplimenting them with a set from 90 to 92. Lexus stopped included a lot of important "theory of operation" type information in the later manuals but much of the basic theory still applies.