Engine Brake

ok how is engine braking ,for the car. i know thats what the 2 nd 1 is specifically made for. and it says in the owners manual u can do it. and i know on a manual transmission its not bad at all. but what about on the lexus auto tranny?

is engine braking(but when u drop it dont let it drop to past like 4500,not erven, prabably liek 3500-4000rpms) bad for the tranny at all? does it wear it awway faster at all? thanx

Don't use engine braking by downshifting, if possible! It definitely puts an added strain on the transmission and WILL shorten it's life. Repairing brakes are a lot cheaper then a transmission repair. ;)

oh ok,thats exactly what i wanted to know. yea and thats what my dad said. he said it shouldnt really wear it down but if anything brakes are a lot cheaper to replace then the tranny

autos dont; have a traditional one plate clutch but a multiple disc clutch

they also have torque converters though....right? on the LS forum, questions have arisen about how much fluid is required for tranny drain and refill:

i also have a 90 LS and the factory service manual also confirms a pan drain requires 2 quarts to refill and total capacity/dry fill (including the torque converter) is 8.6 quarts.

...meaning that they have torque converters...unless the ES is different

90' And 91' Transmision Fluid, How Much Fluid?