Radio Lcd Screen Gone......

:angry: Mine is out too. The dealer wants $500 for the radio and more for labor. You can check ebay but make sure that you do not get one for a '97 (radio model number P1705), get one meant for a '98.

You can get it repaired for less money or even less if you by the LCD from Pioneer and have someone put it in or do it yourself.

Or you can just buy a nice aftermarket radio that supports MP3s. If you go aftermarket you can get a kit that fits the stock hole. The kits upper area fits the new radio, the kits bottom area has a slot that you can throw CDs or sunglasses in.

See this thread for information about what part number to order from Pioneer.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...51&hl=radio+lcd

I am trying to sell my '97 (62K miles) and need to fix the LCD.

Good luck.

-Brian

If you're shopping for a new deck, the Alpine CDA-9835 is WICKED! I just bought one, and am very very pleased with it. Features galore, and impeccable sound quality. It has the cool new "BioLite" animated display, and you can change the buttons to one of 512 different colours (to match the factory lighting!)

The Lexus' Pioneer speakers hold up well to the internal 60x4 V-Drive amp too.

This deck is top-of-the-line Alpine, and I paid $529CAN ($400US) for it. It is worth every penny :)

Regards,

Bryan

trying to keep everything stock i had my other car broken into and they took my deck ,sub and amp and tweeters so i'm done with the faceplate thing if anything i'm going to replace the speakers and add an amp hidden somewhere haha

actually no my dad was being stupid and didn't want to claim insurance cause the deductible was 500 bucks but everything was more then 500 bucks my jl w3 was around 200 righ there and my deck was another 200 and i had a 400 dollar amp =[

i was at a wedding when it happended i was gone for less then 2 hours i came out and i see my amp wires hanging out the trunk.....

It was probably a smart idea not to claim it with a high deductible of $500. You would pay for it in increased insurance rates. Now, if your stereo was worth $2000 that would be another matter.

Still, the whole situation just sucks. It makes me so mad when people steal stuff without thinking of the person they are stealing from. They must be some real jerks. And lazy ones too. They should get off their butts and work for stuff themselves.

Regards,

Bryan

• 2 years later...

i am interested in the car if you plan to sell. i reside in east bay.

Thanks

Kumar

:angry: Mine is out too. The dealer wants $500 for the radio and more for labor. You can check ebay but make sure that you do not get one for a '97 (radio model number P1705), get one meant for a '98.

You can get it repaired for less money or even less if you by the LCD from Pioneer and have someone put it in or do it yourself.

Or you can just buy a nice aftermarket radio that supports MP3s. If you go aftermarket you can get a kit that fits the stock hole. The kits upper area fits the new radio, the kits bottom area has a slot that you can throw CDs or sunglasses in.

See this thread for information about what part number to order from Pioneer.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=radio+lcd

I am trying to sell my '97 (62K miles) and need to fix the LCD.

Good luck.

-Brian