3 More Things - And My Ls400 Is Perfect

Adam8g

Nearly perfect – except . . .

Just got my 96 LS400 back from the detail shop and it is SWEET. DAMN nice . . perfect in everyway . . .

Except for . . . 3 things

1 - Read window -

Glass is dirty behind the Center high-mounted stop lamps (CHMSL).

How do I remove it?

I opened the trunk, looked . . .tried to pry off from the inside . . .stumped…

Also . ..

2- Gold car with the gold package (emblems, front grill surround, antenna collar).

Originally I wanted to change to silver, but now with the PERFECT body, chrome wheels, and all around flawless nature of the car – I think I want to keep the gold trim.

It’s all in great shape – except for the front grill. The logo in the center is OK, but the surround is faded. Any idea on a ‘fix’?

I searched the forums and read most but no real help.

Lastly,

3- I’ve seen references to hi intensity discharge headlights and ‘clear’ style tail lights.

Were can I find more info on these?

Thanks ahead of time . .

The 3rd brake light snaps out of place from inside the LS. I find the easiest way is to get in the back seat to remove it. Many people seem to have trouble with this; I get in the back, and lift it up slightly and toward the front of the car, and it comes out without a problem.

I can't help you with the gold grill, but I'll give my $.02 as a fellow Cashmere owner with gold emblems. lol On my beige ES300, I switched the silver emblems for the gold ones, and I couldn't be any happier with the switch. :D The silver emblems seem to blend in on the beige car too well. The gold emblems accent them in a very subtle and classy fashion. B)

Lextasy(the LOC sponsor) has the clear tail lights. VMF, has them, but I think he found them somewhere for a better price. I'll let him fill in from here with the how much and where!

HIDs are illegal as an aftermarket upgrade, i mean you can buy them and install them but they are not legal to use. clear bumper and tail lights are available on ebay for a very good price.

If you want to clean the inside of the rear window between the third brake light and the glass moisten a terry towel with your fovorite glass cleaner and let the towel rest ther for 5 min. then go back and forth several times and repeat with a dry towel preferably microfiber and repeat until visibly clean .[ works for me ]