Extended Warranty?

jarcara

I have a 2000 LX470 with 67000 miles and I am considering the extended warranty for 3 years or 36K miles. I had an out of warranty problem with my mirrors that lexus ended up paying for the mirrors ($1,200) and I had to pay labor $95. I hear not much is supposed to go wrong but when it does it's expensive. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this? it the lexus gold plan. I have to have it inspected first.

I don't know what plan I ended up with (i.e. gold or otherwise) when I bought my 450, but I made good use of it and am planning on one more visit to (hopefully) get the ps steering pump replaced under warranty.

I bought the 450 as a CPO which extended the coverage to 3 years/100k miles. It covered everything - bumper to bumper except for normal wear items (brake pads, rotors, etc), the clock, and anything chromed (such as the antenna -- however the internal mecanicals of the antenna is covered).

Much of what I had done was minor, but it would've easily added up to well over $4000 in parts and labor. The other benefit was the loaner provided by Lexus. You may want to check with them to ensure you get a loaner under this plan.

It may not be for everyone, but I'm glad I had it.

Good luck.

As an side, I purchased a third-party warranty from Warranty Gold (7 years/100K)and two years after purchasing it, their underwriting firm went out of business. I would ask some serious questions about who is underwriting the policy, how long they are in business, etc before shelling out any money.

• 4 weeks later...