Reoccuring Loud Exhaust

I've had a reoccuring problem with my 93 es where the exhaust system becomes extremely loud upon acceleration, and acceleration was actually sluggish as well. Well I've had it fixed in the past, gaskets changed and such and well that made the car sound like it was brand new and quiet....for about two days. The exhaust would gradually get louder again and sounded like a honda with a loud muffler. Well I finally had the opportunity to just install a brand new muffler and exhaust system after I was rear ended by a drunk driver. Car sounded BEAUTIFUL, comparable almost to my 2002 es, and the acceleration was more sensitive. Now about two weeks later its getting louder again. Everything seems to be just a temporary fix and noone can seem to determine what the actual problem is. Any suggestions? Another thing of note would be that the gas mileage I get also decreases as the car gets louder.

-Matt

Sounds like an exhaust manifold coming loose? If it has been replaced, or in an accident it may need to be re-torqued or checked for broken bolts.

Sometimes they don't get installed properly, causing some problems down the road. I know when you put headers on, you need to re-torque after being at operating temperature, and maybe even again to ensure proper seating.