Car Is Shaking My Brain

I have had some probs postin some im back as newbig400.My gs400 is shaking from about 60 up.I have z rated tires and had it aligned at the dealer and balenced where I bought the tires.I dont understand I read somewhere about a bushing but I cant find it now.It also pulsates through the brakes sometimes not all the time but sometimes really bad.It makes them feel like theyre warped.I know theyre not I have new cross drilled and slotted Brembos with ceramic pads.Does this sound familiar?What could it be?Also does anyone know about tightening the throttle cable if so how much and do u adjust at the throttle body? :wacko:

My 99 GS300 has a bit of the same problem every now and then. I think my 18s are the brunt of the problem. I'm planning on switching back to my stock wheels for a few weeks to see the difference. i can't imagine 20"+ wheel rattle....

• 2 weeks later...

that bushing you referenced is kind of like a lower stiffening brace.

you can find lots of info on it at www.clublexus.com.

I believe that the balancing that they do to our rims/tires is usually at 35-60mph and that's it....

anyway, that bracing arm is about 12" long or so and I believe it's around $100 at the dealer. (unsure if that's each, or for two)

• 2 weeks later...

My '98 GS300 with Stock 16's does the same thing.

Sometimes it shakes, sometimes not. I had "Road Force" balancing done, and still have vibration.

Also pulstates when braking sometimes...

no idea what problem is.....just wanted to let people know you can spend a fortune on new wheels and tires and still have this prob.

Would be nice if Lexus Dealers would help just a little.

• 2 weeks later...
that bushing you referenced is kind of like a lower stiffening brace.

you can find lots of info on it at www.clublexus.com.

I believe that the balancing that they do to our rims/tires is usually at 35-60mph and that's it....

anyway, that bracing arm is about 12" long or so and I believe it's around $100 at the dealer.  (unsure if that's each, or for two)

pictures

Can you post some pics of the bracing arm?

Major cause of vibration problems are:

1. upper control arm bushings ($1299)

2. transmission mount ($158)

hmm..i will have to ask about these, since I will be intalling Coilovers sometime soon, anyway. my vibration is not that bad, and only @65-70 mph (bad cruising spot).