AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

barrysl    0

I'd  love to get more accurate directions on my 10 year old navi system. What is the best and most cost effective way to update my navigation map?

Venny    0

Yes, a update would be nice as many changes over the years. Unfortunately the only update I know is a new CD which costs +/- $500 from a dealer. The other solution is to use your smartphone Google Maps or other such app.

I cannot believe that auto manufacturers do not change to real time navigation such as Google maps. Navigations system is outdated on purchase of car by up to a year.

DavidinCT    0

I looked into a possible "DIY" way to do this and with out knowing someone at a dealer, it will be impossible.

If you search on ebay, you can find some USB drives that will update it, that is just a license file(a 4GB USB drive that only uses a few MB) BUT, you need the software that the dealer has to actually update it.  If you go into the delaer and order it (As I understand the current dealer in the US costs is $169.99, a lot less than the older models, YMMV) you get a USB drive that the dealer puts in his computer that connects to the car to assign a license to your software to upgrade it.

I picked a 2013 update on ebay ($20 or so) it was just the USB drive. it requires software that the dealer has, no 3rd party or underground way (trust me, I know the underground on this stuff and it's not available there). I've never called a dealer to see if they would INSTALL my 2013 upgrade... but, I don't foresee them doing it.

Venny    0

Believe you would be much better off financially & way ahead technically by just using GPS on Google Maps app on phone or eevenApple maps. Prhaps in a gew years car manufacturers will just use Google as do the phones.

Good luck & save $$$$'s

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jcashman

NEED HELP  - Recently had 2005 RX 330 at Lexus of Tulsa (OK) - replaced water pump, radiator, and timing belt, and maintenance: oil change, new rear brakes, front brakes, 4 new tires.  Upon delivery back to me (car was driven by the dealership staff from Tulsa back to Arkansas), the following warning lights were on ABS, BRAKE, and VSC as soon as I turned the vehicle on (the driver claims no lights were on when he delivered it).  I immediately called them to inform them, and the vehicle was picked back up by the staff, taken back to the dealer, and then I was informed by the staff that diagnostic codes were showing C0278, C1223, and C1249 - they claim the brake actuator needs to replaced for $3300 - this does not make sense since they told me that they had road-tested the vehicle and it was supposedly fine before returning it to me.  I am getting no help from them other than telling me  they can put in a used acutuator for $1470.
      One forum I checked suggested it may the wiring or sensor for the actuator (which is apparently near the water pump) that is acting up. Very frustrated after spending $$$ already.
      Suggestions?
    • By DiabloX22
      Hi, really like the club, thank you! I bought a 03 GX470, I LOVE IT! Had some maintenance done, its in incredible condition outside and in. From the records, the previous owner took very good care of it.
      HOWEVER, after I let my girlfriend driveit 1 time! The gear selector was very loose/sloppy and it didnt shift into gears like it did. No bit of resistance, or the feeling when changing gears. Coincidence? She is shorter, IDK if she used it as a handle, or if it broke/wore out. Anyone else have this issue? DIY fixes, suggestions? Any advice about this, or ANY suggestions about anything, would be appreciated! 

Thanks for a great club, I apologize if I did anything incorrect. Excited to read and learn all about the posts! THANK YOU! 

• By Dom455
      I have had my 07 Lexus IS350 for about 3 months now and am looking for some advice on the regular maintenance schedule for the car and haven't found much.
      I know regular oil changes, tire rotations, and brake checks are essential and simple rather through the dealership or other service stations but as for other vehicle check ups etc. are they necessary, and if so how often and do you suggest going to the dealer or other reliable service stations.
      Also for simple services such as oil changes, tire rotation, etc is it better going to the dealer or is it just as good going somewhere else for less than half the price?
      Thanks!
    • By expilot
      I took my 2004 RX-330 in for service at my family's mechanic shop for a complete servicing. A month later I took it into the Lexus dealer for a floor mat recall. He said my brake fluid and power steering fluid needed immediate change as they were dirty/contaminated. He also noted the crankcase rear main seal had engine oil seep and needed repair. Total estimated repair bill was $2,559.14. I sent the store manager a letter explaining the two fluids had been changed the month prior and a photo of the supposed engine oil seep area-which was clean. I explained this was a scam and I was suprised, disappointed, and bewildered that a Lexus dealer would do this kind of scam. I received no reply or answer in any way.
      Larry Durbin
    • By ChBr02
      On 6-8-12, I had the 20K service at my maintaining dealer for my 2010 ES350.
      I asked for the latest map upgrade. I was charged $169.00 for Part Number PT219-HDDG6-11 which is the Gen6 11.1 version of the North America map. I just took it back for the 25K service, and pointed out to the new service writer that my map data showed that I have 10.1
      He said that he checked with someone in the Service Department, and they said I had the correct one. Now, I know that's baloney. I have been ripped off. They did give me an empty thumb drive w/ Lexus logo at the time of the supposed upgrade.
      Does Lexus have Area Managers where I can complain. My previous service writer (who I used for 7 years) was the Asst Service Manager, and we were always able to workout any problems. But, he was always straight with me.
      When I had Oldsmobiles, I got to know the Area Manager personally. Does Lexus have these? How do I find the one for Chattanooga?
      Thanks for any help!
      Charlie