2002 Ls430 - Parot Ck3000 Evolution - Help

id1

Hi Guys

I recently bought a 2002 LS430 with Nav/ML and was wondering whether any member had a success in pairing Parot CK3000 Bluetooth? Your experience in 'Audio Muting' & 'Phone incoming voice through Front speakers' is appreciated. Also the wire harness used will be a good hint. I live in CT and was wondering any one can recommend 1) Audio Installer & 2) Good Mechanic (Not Dealer) in NE region.

Your thoughtful comments are well appreciated.

Is there a 4th file? The 3rd PDF file kind of ended abruptly...

If you got 21 pages when you downloaded the 3rd PDF, then you have it all.

There is also an adapter harness from http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php Don't know why jainla didn't use it -- might not have been available at the time.

If you don't want to use the door speaker for the Parrot kit, there should be plenty of room to hide a speaker up in the drivers side wheel well -- at least there is on our 00 LS and 98 Camry. Using an external speaker can sometimes simplify the installation of a phone kit.

I'll attach the audio system diagrams for the 02 LS430 from the ARRC database in case you need them.

jainla might show up on this thread soon -- I think he was on the forum earlier today.

2001_LS430_audio_1.pdf

2001_LS430_audio_2.pdf

:o

Why do you need Parrot? Doesn't your car already have an integrated BT with the NAV/ML combo? I have the same in an '04 and it has BT integrated.

The 2004 model year was the first year that the LS had Bluetooth built into the nav system. Prior to the 2004 model year, Lexus offered dealer installed portable and fixed phones that used a hardwired connection to the car's electronics.

:o
Why do you need Parrot? Doesn't your car already have an integrated BT with the NAV/ML combo? I have the same in an '04 and it has BT integrated.

The 2004 model year was the first year that the LS had Bluetooth built into the nav system. Prior to the 2004 model year, Lexus offered dealer installed portable and fixed phones that used a hardwired connection to the car's electronics.

OK I didn't realize. I have the feature but seldom use it. The other end of the call often complains of poor audio and the feeling that I am talking in a big cave. The further the pickup is from you mouth comlicates th audio issues and ambient noise is a problem.

The Quickconnect harness wasn't available when I did my install. I know the first version of that harness only supplied power and muting to the Parrot and required an external speaker; I'm not sure if the second version routes the sound or not.

Either way the original Lexus OEM setup involves using only the Driver's side back door speaker, and you won't be able to tap just that speaker unless you run the wire into the door speaker directly or you use the technique described in the PDF to access the OEM connection point in the trunk.

The Parrot 3000 is an older kit and you won't get voice dial (or the ability to download your contacts if you have an iPhone). I would recommend the parrot 3200 or one of the new MKi kits; they have more advanced hardware and are iPhone compatible. The 3200LS screen though is the only one that will fit in the center storage box.

Also skip trying to put the mic up above you in the sunroof/dome light assembly; the sound is better if you put it at the top of the A-pillar or up near the rear view mirror and aim it at your face.

Good Luck!

There is also an adapter harness from http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php Don't know why jainla didn't use it -- might not have been available at the time.

Thanks a Mil - both of you and LS for the Audio wiring files - they will be a big help.

Jainla, sure I will go for 3200LS or the MKis.

This has been a wondeful experience and I am grateful to all forum members for the enthusiastic and sincere help I always got out of you. I will post my experience once the installation is complete.

The Quickconnect harness wasn't available when I did my install. I know the first version of that harness only supplied power and muting to the Parrot and required an external speaker; I'm not sure if the second version routes the sound or not.

Either way the original Lexus OEM setup involves using only the Driver's side back door speaker, and you won't be able to tap just that speaker unless you run the wire into the door speaker directly or you use the technique described in the PDF to access the OEM connection point in the trunk.

The Parrot 3000 is an older kit and you won't get voice dial (or the ability to download your contacts if you have an iPhone). I would recommend the parrot 3200 or one of the new MKi kits; they have more advanced hardware and are iPhone compatible. The 3200LS screen though is the only one that will fit in the center storage box.

Also skip trying to put the mic up above you in the sunroof/dome light assembly; the sound is better if you put it at the top of the A-pillar or up near the rear view mirror and aim it at your face.

Good Luck!

sure I will go for 3200LS or the MKis.
I have the MKi9100 in my car, and it has been great. It has worked perfectly with all of my iPhones (including the current 3GS). One problem I (and I think JA did too) ran in to is that a lot of the wires on the Parrot are too short. I had to extend the mute, power, and switched power wires -- kind of disappointing on a high end car phone kit.

Here is a thread about Blake installing a Parrot MKi9100 in his 99 LS400: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...aded&start=

Blake called me while driving on the highway and his voice through the MKi9100 was extremely clear -- probably better than I've ever heard from someone speaking on a car handsfree system. The dual microphones of the MKi9000 may look a bit odd and wouldn't hide well but I suspect they are what are providing the exceptionally clear sound quality. I wonder if the two little MKi9100 microphones could be separated and hidden behind the two small microphone grills in the LS430 overhead light cluster but that might impair the sound quality.

In the LS, a good place for the MKi9100's display might be all the way to the left on the "shelf" below the instrument cluster -- i.e. below and to the left of the gas gauge. I like the idea of being able to look into the instrument cluster to see who's calling -- a little like what the old "Connects-to" products did to display caller information for Nokia phone kits in BMW trip computer displays.

I've also wondered if a bracket could be fabricated so that the MKi9100's controller could be attached to the steering wheel hub where the Lexus phone system "command module" was installed on the LS400 and early LS430. Same as Blake, I don't particularly like the idea of attaching the MKi9100's wireless remote to the steering wheel rim.

Maybe I'll try these ideas some day ... my last ancient extra eBay "Eye-phone" just crapped out so maybe this is good time to modernize.

post-2157-1248533430_thumb.jpg

Here is a thread about Blake installing a Parrot MKi9100 in his 99 LS400: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...aded&start=

In the LS, a good place for the MKi9100's display might be all the way to the left on the "shelf" below the instrument cluster -- i.e. below and to the left of the gas gauge. I like the idea of being able to look into the instrument cluster to see who's calling -- a little like what the old "Connects-to" products did to display caller information for Nokia phone kits in BMW trip computer displays.

I downloaded the press images from the Parrot site and I actually built a little cardboard mockup of the control box so i could figure out where to put it. The MKi 9100 has a wide, short display. A good place could be on the sunglasses holder (where the Lexus Link buttons were) but the wire to run that display up there might not be long enough. Maybe you could park it on top of the steering column; I'm not sure if it would block the central display. It's kind of tough... there's not much wasted space on these dashboards!

I've seen people put the CK3000 display above the left hand side air vent on the dash. The advantage of the MKi is that the display and control knob are separate. so you can put the display somewhere that's visible but not necessary in easy reach.

I've also wondered if a bracket could be fabricated so that the MKi9100's controller could be attached to the steering wheel hub where the Lexus phone system "command module" was installed on the LS400 and early LS430. Same as Blake, I don't particularly like the idea of attaching the MKi9100's wireless remote to the steering wheel rim.

I think the attach plate is stick on so in theory you could stick it to the side of the steering wheel behind the buttons that face you (if there is room).

Maybe I'll try these ideas some day ... my last ancient extra eBay "Eye-phone" just crapped out so maybe this is good time to modernize.

Dude....join the 21st century!

Thanks guys... you are awesome.

I downloaded the press images from the Parrot site and I actually built a little cardboard mockup of the control box so i could figure out where to put it. The MKi 9100 has a wide, short display. A good place could be on the sunglasses holder (where the Lexus Link buttons were) but the wire to run that display up there might not be long enough. Maybe you could park it on top of the steering column; I'm not sure if it would block the central display. It's kind of tough... there's not much wasted space on these dashboards!

I've seen people put the CK3000 display above the left hand side air vent on the dash. The advantage of the MKi is that the display and control knob are separate. so you can put the display somewhere that's visible but not necessary in easy reach.

I think the attach plate is stick on so in theory you could stick it to the side of the steering wheel behind the buttons that face you (if there is room).

Dude....join the 21st century!