Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

I think one of my front wheel bearings is on it's way out. Getting a constant humming/rubbing noise. Has anyone had this replaced before? Do you remember if the bearing itself was replaced (pulled, then new one re-packed) like with most cars, or was it part of an assembly?

I'm trying to find out, because I know if it's part of an assembly, there's at least a chance I can do the work myself. But if it's an individual part I may as well open my wallet and let a professional do it - I don't have the tools for pulling and packing wheel bearings.

Thanks.

The bearing is a seperate part. If you go to Park Place Lexus out of Plano Texas they have an illustration breakdown under the Front suspension parts showing this. Part is $75 and $9 for the bearings on there site. This site is available on the internet.

I think one of my front wheel bearings is on it's way out. Getting a constant humming/rubbing noise.

For what it's worth... I also thought I might have had this problem in the past... after searching this forum about the topic and how rare this problem is, I found that my problems were actually:

1. a brake pad wear indicator and

2. bad tire wear.

It may be worth getting it diagnosed as opposed to just "done".

I think one of my front wheel bearings is on it's way out. Getting a constant humming/rubbing noise.

For what it's worth... I also thought I might have had this problem in the past... after searching this forum about the topic and how rare this problem is, I found that my problems were actually:

1. a brake pad wear indicator and

2. bad tire wear.

It may be worth getting it diagnosed as opposed to just "done".

That would be nice if it were one (or both) of those things. I'll look into it. But I just changed my rotors and pads 2 1/2 months back, so I seriously doubt it could be the brake pad sensors. And the tires still have a good 60% tread life left. But, hey, you never know.