Blasphemy !... Any One Use The Mr. Clean Autodry ?

Ok, with the risk of being stoned... anyone here or who has a "friend" who has used the Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash system ?

I'm asking because as sexual washing and waxing a car maybe to some I don't have half a day to make love to my car. Not making fun of you serious detailers but just trying to find a easy way to keep a car clean between the serious detail work.

So is this system good for the "in between" car washes ?

Any similar system that is better ?

Later, George

I've not tried it but I know people who have, it gets mixed reviews. The people that dislike it say the soap doesn't lather enough and that the water pressure is way too low. I've also heard it leaves a film.

I don't plan on trying it, I use a product called Protect All Quick and Easy Wash that really saves me time. Mix it up with a gallon of water, use it to wash the car with a microfiber mitt, and then dry. No hose, really saves time, can do it anywhere.

You also might want to look into a California Water Blade and a Waffle Weave MF towel.

I'm asking because as sexual washing and waxing a car maybe to some I don't have half a day to make love to my car. Not making fun of you serious detailers but just trying to find a easy way to keep a car clean between the serious detail work.

:lol: thats funny

my dad has it, when i was up there a couple months ago to detail, my bros new car i used it. i thought it was a wast of time. like swoes said, there isn't enough pressure, and it doesnt' put out enough soap, so it feels like you just sprying water on it.

i wouldn't buy one.

better off getting a bucket, some meguiar's car wash, a mit,nozzle, cwb, and shimmy, and do her up thata way. :D

i bought it today to try it...

My review

u can check out this product at this site autodry website

my thoughts on it when i opened it it was like dam thats kinda cool a no hassle cleaning system... the box instructions everything that had to do with it was kinda cool, felt like a kid opening a xmas present...

the package includes the gun, starter soap, starter filter which only last long enough for 3 washs or 2 washes if the car is bigger, i asume same witht he soap cus once i filled it into the gun the bottle seemed almost 1/3 of the soap was gone...

after reading carefully i start to assemble the product... i put everything together which was simple until i got to installing the filter it doenst tell u which end facing front but its really ok cus u cant close it if u put it in wrong... well i after installing everyhing hooked up the hose and contiuned to read the instructions... the instructions also include a FAQ section which kinda answered some questions i had anyways so i read the instructions carefully 3 times and begins

the rinsing on my LS400 was easy no hassle doesnt get some of the harder to clean grim off the car i had trouble removing some kind of sticky splash on the side of the car, so after the rinse i went over everything with a sponge before the soaping stage, for this stage the soap gets applied evenly though i dont feel it would be super effiective if i didnt go over with the sponge before hand, the instructions tell u to lather with sponge, so do that and the sponge turned a unusually darker color then i usually see, which makes me feel kinda good, as one of the FAQ's were why is there much more dirt and grim on my sponge as i lather the soap? they answered with a beacuase the soaps formula is cutting at the dirt deeper then other brands of carwash (this is a loose summarization ) and its seems like it did... the look of spraying the water on the car look beauitful though the water seems to look silky smooth on the car

after the lathering of the soap i did a second rinse that was said to be the next step in the instructions, next step is autodry stage, the filter that was installed filters the hoses water and deionizes the water to provide a nice mineral free water to clean your car, it also adds some kind of formula (im too lazy to go find the name but it adds someting) that suppose to dry your car spot free and touch free, well i spray the car following instructions, top to bottom, and everything seems to go well, still looks good, yet when i was done spraying down the car from top to bottom with this formula, the instructions say watch as your car drys right infront of your eyes... so i wait 1 min...3 mins...5 mins....10 mins... 15 mins.... any change? maybe a lil but the water looked kinda beady.... i was kinda scared... so to be sure i did the whole process again... and same results soo i decide to just park it into my garage and leave it there to dry

thinking it might dry when im gone.... i check the car just now and it looks pretty spot free... maybe the process is longer then right before your eyes.... but i will do a deeper checking for spots tommarrow morning to see if this is really a spot free system....

in summary the product is easy to use the instructions are a lil vauge, the gun looked cool, install was easy, cleaning was not tiring, though not great at the tougher stains and grim that might get on your car i give it 3.5 stars out of 5

this product might be good for quick clean before a show or something big event, it might not be 100% perfect for daily dirt and grim on the car, and drying time is longer then thought....