Lexus Sc 400

I recently bought a 92 SC4, and it only came with one remote key. I asked the dealer the same question, and they quoted me $700 for two new remote keys. They said they would have to recode all the locks and the transponders.

I hope this helps.

Hey - I recently found a guy on e-bay who was selling uncut transponder keys. I am in NJ, and he is located inside of the Brooklyn, NY DMV - so i went there to have the key cut by him, and to get him to program the remote, and transponder chip. Unfortunately, I have a 1998 ES300 (Came with separate remote, and key) Apparently, only 2000+ ES's can use the remote keys. Oh well - but if you give him the FCC ID on the back of your key, her will send you the correct key. I believe he is asking like $85 to $100 for the uncut key. If you want more info - please e-amil me: antverna@pegasus.rutgers.edu as i don't frequtnt the forum that often, and I'll try and get you his name and #.

--Antonio

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I purchased my car with only one Key. I like to purchase 2 more with the remote. Where can I get them without going to the dealer?

Thanks

You don't say what year you SC400 is, but there is a lockshop here in San Jose that has extra keys with transponders. He can cut the actual key too.

If you want more info contact me at "redrocketgem@netscape.com".