Cd Cartridge Jam

the only way to get it out is to remove the changer from its bracket then remove the black colored top of tyhe changer. if here is a cd stuck in the clamper than powering it up only way to get it out. if all the discs are still in the magazine there is a blue square eject botton on top if the magazine cage at about 7 olock if the magazine was a square clock looking from the top down . if stuck in the clamper and power is gone due to blown power board than complte disassmbly will get you the 5 cds in the magazine but not the one in the clamper. i can remove the magazines and fix theb changer if you send it to me. if yoiu attmpt to extract the magazine without power it will ruin the changer and wont be able to be refurbished.

• 11 months later...

I have a similar problem - 2000 ES300, glove box mounted changer.

Cartridge got stuck. I removed player from glove box, and front cover from player. Wound up forcibly prying the cartridge out (my wife had put 6 new CD's in, and wanted them out NOW!) Turns out cd slides were put in crooked.

CD changer now appears dead - no play, no eject. Is there hope? Or do I go off to Best Buy to get a replacement? I assume dealer isn't the first option.

Thanks for any help!

the only way to get it out is to remove the changer from its bracket then remove the black colored top of tyhe changer. .... . if yoiu attmpt to extract the magazine without power it will ruin the changer and wont be able to be refurbished.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my car with the cd changer "broken" but it turned out it was jammed too. I unscrewed it and took it all apart, it turned out that one of the cd's had somehow gotten out while it was inside and jammed everything up. So I unjammed it and put it all back together and it works great now.

Ok I just realized all that was unnecessary. Just take it apart and unjam it.

• 2 months later...
I have a similar problem -  2000 ES300, glove box mounted changer.

Cartridge got stuck.  I removed player from glove box,  and front cover from player.  Wound up forcibly prying the cartridge out (my wife had put 6 new CD's in, and wanted them out NOW!)  Turns out cd slides were put in crooked. 

CD changer now appears dead - no play, no eject.  Is there hope?  Or do I go off to Best Buy to get a replacement?  I assume dealer isn't the first option.

Thanks for any help!

Well, I just had the same problem. I am thinking aftermarket and a complete overhaul of my car's audio system