LES experience amazing

You must not be from around here. Sorry!  

There is an old folk saying: If you can't dance with the one you want, dance with the one that brung you.

Stay with the auto technology that you know, can afford, and trust.  If you don't fully understand how a propulsion system works, leave it be.

• 6 months later...

60% of the electricity in Spain is made from non renewables, coal, oil, gas; 35% from nuclear and only 5% from renewable sources. That the 35% from nuclear are not damaging the climate now could put that figure up to 40%. Still 60% of the energy put in electric cars are dirty and utterly polluting.

This explain why charging your electric car is not really doing any good for the environment.

That the factories making the batteries to electric cars are not informing from where the energy that is used in the factories come from mean it could be quite a good deal less green, more grey or even black.

Considering above-mentioned numbers driving electric cars pollute between 15 and 60% more than if we continued to use the gasoline cars we are driving in now.

https://www.asoc.org/learn/antarctic-ice-and-rising-sea-levels/

But as it maybe already too late to change the way climate is going now, we can just continue as headless as we are used to:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/late-prevent-significant-melting-west-antarctic-ice-shelf/story?id=104144755

On 4/23/2022 at 1:07 PM, Bykfixer said:

I was reading a bit about the LFA offspring the Lexus Electrified Sport just now. 

Holy cow, 0-60 in under 3 seconds…430 mile range? What's not to like about that? 

And later down the road (pun intended) Direct4 AWD technology. 

Experience Amazing. 

If you really want to know what is not to like about it:

I would like a car that drives without polluting.
I do not at all mind if it is powered with a battery as long as it is not made in a factory in China using slaves and where the power to the factory come from burning coal.
Of course it should not be a battery that would make the car having a much limited range when temperature get down to zero, or some days below that.
It would also be needed that the materials to make the battery can be obtained without destroying the planet searching for the materials. Not to forget that there got to be so much of these materials that there is enough to make batteries enough to convert all cars to electric cars. The materials we use to make batteries now are not available in such quantities and the batteries we have now have very limited time where they are holding charge and when no longer really great very expensive to get the materials the batteries are made of out for reuse.
That the batteries should be able to keep the power without losing too much when not used a couple of days just like a gasoline car is also useful.
Of course it would not be funny if driving through Europe to visit family I would not be able to charge the battery more or less at same speed as filling gasoline on the one I have now.

If I am asking too much maybe a battery powered car is not for me. Or anybody else that would like to leave the planet in as good a condition as we received it so our children will not have to repair all the damages we have made to the planet while we were searching for easy found solutions that are actually not solutions.

EV cars, the way they are made now, are not polluting less – yes they are – in the streets of my town, but making the batteries, transporting them, charging them with the very “in no way at all” green power where we live actually make EV cars more polluting than driving a well kept little gasoline car.

I sure wish that we could find a material that could make batteries last a long time and not just the 6 – 12 years with steadily losing ability to keep charge. It would also be nice if the battery was light and not hard on the tyres that deteriorate more the heavier the car is. If the new batteries were so light that they could be used in air-planes that would really help reduce pollution as the private cars we talk so much about actually are not a major polluter.

Why can politicians not understand that even with all they do now for the environment pollution is not going down but increasing?

EV cars the way they are now -  are for people not thinking about environment:

60% of the electricity in Spain is made from non-renewable s coal, oil, gas; 35% from nuclear; only 5% from renewable sources; just saw that in the electricity bill today. That the 35% from nuclear are not damaging the climate now could put that figure up to 40%. Still 60% of the energy put in electric cars is dirty and utterly polluting. Worldwide numbers are not even that good.
This explain why charging an electric car is not really doing any good for the environment.
And when the factories making the batteries to electric cars are not informing from where the energy that is used in the factories come from: mean it could be quite a good deal not green, more grey or even black.
Considering above-mentioned numbers driving electric cars pollute between 15 and 60% more than if we continued to use the gasoline cars we are driving in now. Would not need new cars with new batteries, just new oil in the engines now and then.

https://www.asoc.org/learn/antarctic-ice-and-rising-sea-levels/

But as it maybe already too late to change the way climate is going now, we can just continue the headless way we are used to:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/late-prevent-significant-melting-west-antarctic-ice-shelf/story?id=104144755

• Like 2