Cleaning Seats

That depends...

Since you have the IS does it have full leather or the leather/escaine package? The escaine is the suede like material. If you have that then Lexus sells a cleaner that works really well. If its full leather (and on the leather parts if its not) then Woolite dilluted 5:1 will work great.

• 2 weeks later...

For leather treatment I would suggest Zaino Bros Leather in a bottle. Zaino has great products that I swear by. Car Polish to wax to tire gloss, it all works great. Their "in between waxes spray" is the best I've used yet also.

www.zainobros.com

Keep in mind you don't want to use the Zaino leather cleaner or the Leather in a bottle on the escaine simulated suede. Its is only for normal leather.

Does anyone know what to use on the Escaine leather? I went to the dealership and the parts guy said to use the leather cleaner/conditioner. I kept asking him is this ok for the escaine leather? and he barely had a clue what the escaine leather was soo i just left cause he was an idiot and no one else was around.

Someone please help?

Steve, one quick question. I want to clean my leather and would like to try your idea of woolite 5:1 ratio. I notice in of of your post you said to use a wet cloth to wipe it off but you don't say how you put it on. Do you use some sort of brush or do you use a cloth for that also? Thanks! :D

Your posts have helped out BIG TIME. My car is looking better each week.

post-9-1087616544.jpg

I have to agree with mbpgawest....Steve is the best!! Our RX has never looked better....and I have even more plans for it!! Finding the lexusownersclub forums have been wonderful for me.....and it is the only site that I can actually say that I visit 4+ times per day. Thanks to everyone who makes this thing great!

Quote: Escaine cleaner.

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Unfinished leather: Some cars have untreated leather; soft, full grain leather made from an un-split sheepskin, lambskin, or kidskin, usually tanned with alum and chromium salts and dyed throughout. The easiest way to tell is to sprinkle a few drops of water onto the leather, if the water is absorbed into the leather and looks like a stain, it’s untreated if the water is not absorbed then it’s treated.

Clean the surface with 303™ Cleaner & Spot Remover it removes even stubborn stains, including oil, grease, ink, berry juice, wine and blood. It contains no soaps, detergents, phosphates, nitrates, caustics, toxic organics, enzymes or volatile organic chemicals (VOC) Using a soft upholstery brush to raise the ‘nap’ of the skin then apply cleaner by spraying onto a 100% cotton towel (do not saturate) Allow to air dry.

The surface of these leathers has no protective barrier to protect them. As a result these leathers are very prone to soiling and staining. To protect unfinished leathers including suede, deerskin and unfinished dyed leathers, use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. Use on new or newly cleaned leather, spray on (but do not saturate) and let dry, it creates and maintains water repellence, resists soiling and helps protect against both water and oil based stains.

Identifying characteristics- very soft to the touch, will scratch or scuff very easily; water drops will darken the leather but it returns to its original colour after drying.

With all cleaning products, always test a small, indiscrete area first to ensure it won’t discolour or stain the surface, and ensure that the pH of the product is suitable for the material.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

Thats the thing though, its not leather its a synthetic fabric that kinda sorta "feels" like suede. The 303 Cleaner should work though I never thought about that.