Trip Timer

Doc H

Anyone know if there is any software change in the future to clock elapsed trip time in the RX 330 trip computer? Seems like a car with features as advanced as the 330 would at least permit some method of tracking at least elapsed time - other than looking at your wristwatch. My '92 BMW had a trip computer that would even track and update arrival time, based on speed and distance, as well as average MPH, distance travelled, speed alarm settings, and much more. This is the most frustrating thing with the Lexus computer software to me - you would think "Trip Info" would include more than MPG and miles per fillup; isn't Trip Info after all "information about your trip?" I know the map nav feature tracks minutes to arrival, but I have no idea on a given trip whether it took one hour or two, without manually tracking myself, or what time I'll get to my destination without doing mental math with the clock, which unfailingly, adamantly, exclusively displays - just the time, which again I can tell by looking at my watch. And when I get to my destination, all the info is gone. A minor annoyance, but one that nags...

Doc H

Guest dms666

I know exactly how you feel.

I gave up my '99 BMW 323is for the '03 RX330. The BMW on-board computer was fantastic. I loved being able to input the distance to the destination and watch the arrival time get calculated on the fly.

The Lexus "computer" in comparison is a JOKE.

The trip computer on my ES has elapsed time as does the computer on the LS.

The feature on the BMW is neat but I believe its patented or something because it doesn't show up on other vehicles. It doesn't bother me not having that, but I've never had a MBW.

I had asked the same questions a few months ago, no answers though.

The trip computer resets if you stop for any reason, so why have a reset?

Yes the Nav shows mileage distance and time to dest.

But no simple trip timer.

Really suprised me to the point I asked my dealer about this and he never bothered to return my call. :angry:

• 1 year later...

I called the 800 number for Lexus and complained about this. I noticed that the non-navigation systems show trip time on their little black and white LCD, but the nav version does not. I guess they expect us to calculate it from the average time and distance. I just received an RX-350 loaner that must have the latest and greatest Nav system and guess what - no elapsed time either. I was hopeful that an update disk would do it, but it doesn't look like it.

I called the 800 number for Lexus and complained about this. I noticed that the non-navigation systems show trip time on their little black and white LCD, but the nav version does not. I guess they expect us to calculate it from the average time and distance. I just received an RX-350 loaner that must have the latest and greatest Nav system and guess what - no elapsed time either. I was hopeful that an update disk would do it, but it doesn't look like it.

I'm sure Lexus would incorporate that feature if they think enough people want it. Apparently they don't. For me personally, I don't think it's a great set back not having elapsed trip time, there are more info than I care to know as it is.

lol how is it possible to have an rx350 loaner? interesting how they would do that :wacko: