Doing Some Crack

dougjohn

Here's a set of pics of me going across the "Golden Crack". It's one of the obstacles on the Golden Spike trail in Moab, UT.

(I tried posting them directly here, but wasn't able to...)

Here's the link:

Golden Crack

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, the rear bumper did scrape a bit as I went through -- the front did just a bit as I entered as well. But not all that much on either end.

The only real undercarriage protection I have is a very beefy transfer-case skidplate. This replaces the thin one that originally comes with the truck.

I also have rock sliders installed in place of the running boards. Sliders are a definite must if you're going to be doing any serious 'wheeling. I can't tell you how many times I've come down hard on those things -- they've paid for themselves time and time again.

Doug

Doug,

The color of your Lexus looks like mine. Very nice pictures and adventurous on your part! For me, off road are those speed bumps around parking lots :) Have fun.

Thi

Great photos, dougjohn... awesome... and that crack's even bigger than my girlfriend's! Which reminds me, I know of another incredible obstacle you can drive over whenever you're ready. :lol:

Looks like great fun. Wish I was there!

Do you know of any rails for the 470 series? ARB/Australia has some but will not ship out of the country.

db

I'm pretty sure you can get a set of sliders (which is what I think you mean by rails -- correct me if I'm wrong) from (Slee Offroad). Christo (the owner) recently purchased a LX 470 and has had a 98 or 99 Land Cruiser for some time. I know he has sliders for the current model LC -- I'm sure the fit is the same on the LX.

Doug