Should I Buy A '92 Es 300 For $3100

The engine is smoking, because the previous owner didn't put anti-freeze in the car (she was old). The trany, and radiator was replaced last year. The head-gasket will probably have to be repaired soon, so I was wondering if anyone has had that type of repair done on their ES 300, and how much it costs.

Should I buy this car?

engine smoking? sounds like more then just antifreeze. Head gasket replacement? is it the head gasket or the valve cover gasket? Valve cover gaskets are much easier to replace. but i would also say look for another one. maybe a more recent year like a 94 on up. its crazy cuz older folks usually take more care of their cars. I know my second car i bought in '98 was a '84 buick Lesabre and it only had 74K miles on it. but if its smoking BEWARE.

Agreed! Find a newer ES & one that's been better looked after with all service records. In the long run, it's the best way to go even if it's cost you a bit more at the start. B)

:cheers: