GHAlt727

Lexus GS 350 headlamps/headlight assembly

Hello Lexus owners. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get new headlamps/headlights for my 2007 gs350. I've looked on eBay and Amazon but I want the original ones that are on my car....not the newer ones that have the ats or afs. I don't want the headlights that have a line of 5 light bulbs. I will even buy them used if they look nice. Lexus wants over a grand and that's not happening.IMG_20160802_142817.jpg

Are your current headlights leaking or broken?  If the lenses are just cloudy and worn, it's probable that they can be restored to virtually like new condition with a refinishing product.  My favorite is from Sylvania and cost about  $25.

If they are leaking, try using epoxy.

If you really need replacement units, try a salvage company.

• Like 1

I bought a front light assembly from getallparts.com. Perfect

I just changed out a pair from my new-to-me GS350. It didn't go that well, so I have a pair of aftermarket CarID lamps that I had installed and then removed, and of course I have the old OEM lights that I eventually replaced with new OEM lights. One works fine, the other wouldn't self-level any more, and was locked in the low position. I'll put everything on eBay one of these days.

I also learned about aiming them. The headlight adjustment gear that I thought would change the height of the low beams actually moves them side to side. The gear that does change the height has been very carefully hidden by Lexus practically up against the fender, and invisible. If I didn't know it was there by looking at the old OEM light sitting on my garage floor I would have never found it. Getting a long screwdriver in there requires some guesswork too.

On 12/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, Halfwise said:

I just changed out a pair from my new-to-me GS350. It didn't go that well, so I have a pair of aftermarket CarID lamps that I had installed and then removed, and of course I have the old OEM lights that I eventually replaced with new OEM lights. One works fine, the other wouldn't self-level any more, and was locked in the low position. I'll put everything on eBay one of these days.

I also learned about aiming them. The headlight adjustment gear that I thought would change the height of the low beams actually moves them side to side. The gear that does change the height has been very carefully hidden by Lexus practically up against the fender, and invisible. If I didn't know it was there by looking at the old OEM light sitting on my garage floor I would have never found it. Getting a long screwdriver in there requires some guesswork too.

I agree the screw to adjust the headlights up and down are really in the back corner.  I can reach the passenger side but cant reach the driver side, whgich is aiming high.  All I can do is raise th passenger side higher also.  I dont want to take the front bumper off or the inner wheel well and fender to reach it.